1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by padronlover, Jul 28, 2008.

1. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

thats great stuff slack. thanks.

2. Pitman

Pitman Senior member

Bollocks! SW doesn't carry Maliseets at the moment.

3. whatever123

hey mary poppins...o'connells has a couple different colors and a full run of sizes on the maliseet

4. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Gravity Pope has a decent selection of Maliseets. Not sure of your location and if you're trying to find a US domestic source to avoid a long shipping wait though... Oh, and Whatev123's comment as well:
    hey mary poppins...o'connells has a couple different colors and a full run of sizes on the maliseet
    (wasn't aware Oconnells carried the maliseet now).

5. whatever123

^

why are they so expensive there at the gp?

6. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

^

why are they so expensive there at the gp?

That's a really good question. I also wonder why there is a $30 price fluctuation between brown and black. Interesting.

In all honesty, GP carries some nice stuff, in a lot of sizes -- but after my last dealing with them (a pair of quoddy's about 1 year ago), I won't order again, unless they have something that I really have no choice. I know when shipping from CA to the US it is out of retailers hands in terms of shipping times, as a package can sit at US Customs for however long, but I just wasn't totally feeling this place and their customer service. I'm sure it's an entirely different story if you're north of the border though.

7. whatever123

That's a really good question. I also wonder why there is a $30 price fluctuation between brown and black. Interesting. In all honesty, GP carries some nice stuff, in a lot of sizes -- but after my last dealing with them (a pair of quoddy's about 1 year ago), I won't order again, unless they have something that I really have no choice. I know when shipping from CA to the US it is out of retailers hands in terms of shipping times, as a package can sit at US Customs for however long, but I just wasn't totally feeling this place and their customer service. I'm sure it's an entirely different story if you're north of the border though.
    i know huh, there both CXL unless there doing something i dont know about, which is possible. i seriously love the blk/red camp boot. those are great...

8. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

My guess: (1) Gravity Pope's prices are in Canadian Dollars and (2) the Maliseets they sell appear to be lined, which will add to the cost.

Blackbird, in Seattle, offers several Quoddy models, including the Maliseet (lined, US$250): http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Quoddy_Mens.html

9. whatever123

My guess: (1) Gravity Pope's prices are in Canadian Dollars and (2) the Maliseets they sell appear to be lined, which will add to the cost. Blackbird, in Seattle, offers several Quoddy models, including the Maliseet (lined, US$250): http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Quoddy_Mens.html
    i dont think there is much of a difference between cad and us...maybe the cad is .998 vs 1. and i believe all of the maliseets are lined, so that is so weird. i wonder if its a typo on their end... i forgot about blackbird. usually there stock goes fairly quickly. edit: maybe their prices include shipping. that is the only thing i can come up with.

10. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

One thing to point out is that Tres Bien is offering free worldwide shipping through the end of November:

Being Quoddy's run TTS, almost eliminating the chance of needing to return the shoes -- it's a nice option to consider. They have two maliseets and also the new vibram sole offerings..

http://www.tresbienshop.net/en/grp/quoddy-all-items.php

11. sealucky

sealucky Senior member

I need help,
    what do you guys think about grizzly boots with sheepskin lining? would they be able to handle -25C?
    and do they run TTS?

12. whatever123

I need help,
    what do you guys think about grizzly boots with shipskin lining? would they be able to handle -25C?
    and do they run TTS?

they might, but i would not try. you need something that is designed for extreme cold. quoddy would be able to answer for sure, so e-mail them.

yes, in my experience all quoddys are true to size (measured size).

13. narcissism

narcissism Senior member

Does someone who have a complete listing or picture of sole colors?

14. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

Man, these shoes are amazing. Recieved my new Quoddys today and the construction is just waay beyond my previous Sperrys.

Its actually kinda uncomfortable right now since the Chromexcel is pretty stiff, but I'm sure it'll break in nicely.

15. blake3030

blake3030 Senior member

While Tres Bien has free worldwide shipping this month, i've found it cheaper to buy from them than anywhere in the USA (i'm in Australia).

Got Peanut Grizzly w/ black sole bluchers for $215 shipped.

16. JRS1979

JRS1979 Senior member

Quick question - can anyone confirm how the Deck Chukka with Vibram sole fits? Thanks.

17. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

There aren't enough pictures in this thread. [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

Just checking sizing wise:
    I wear a 10 in vans, 42 in CPs...

I would be a 9.5 in the blucher mocs?

I want to order these bad boys.

19. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Just checking sizing wise:
    I wear a 10 in vans, 42 in CPs...

I would be a 9.5 in the blucher mocs?

I want to order these bad boys.

You can go through this thread and read a million opinions on sizing up, sizing down, tts, etc etc etc

but my suggestion is to purchase these shoes true to size. I am exact size 9, and all quoddy's I own (4 pair, i think, of different models), all fit the exact same.

If you're between sizes, size down. There is a tad bit of stretch in the leather. But do not count on getting a 1/2" of stretch from these shoes. But better a tad bit too small (and hope for some stretch) than too big. Nothing worse than shoes that have ankle slip, imo.

In summary (and some may disagree), but as a quoddy owner for several years and several makes, they run TTS. across the board. (Note: this doesn't apply to the new Vibram offerings as I haven't tried those on, but I would imagine they too are TTS).

20. whatever123

totally. slack is right. both my pairs are the same size...boat shoe and the maliseet oxford. i went tts.