• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

nairb49

Reaction score
I've been on styleforum for years, but have never really had a need to get into the dress shoe/shoe tree arena so pardon my ignorance, but what do the shoe trees help with? soaking up moisture to prevent odor?

Also, I went true to size, and they're a touch big on me, nothing unmanageable though.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i wear a size 10 in sneakers like vans and nikes so i sized down to a 9 in quoddy and they are perfect. maybe a tad snug in terms of width but its leather and it forms to your foot after 1 wear.

in terms of shoe trees, it definitely helps absorb the moisture and odor if you are wearing your shoes barefoot. plus if your shoes have too much moisture, its bad for the leather in the long run so shoe trees can help your shoes last for a greater period of time.

it also helps keep the structure of the shoe uniform.

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Anyone have the 809 deck boots? Im interested in getting a pair.

How high are they in height? Comparable to Visvims? And Sizing? Thanks.

JL77

Reaction score
IMG_0317.jpg
IMG_0318.jpg
Both pairs came in the mail this past week.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
details on the top pair? I would buy those

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
don't like that stitching

JL77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
details on the top pair? I would buy those

Those are Quoddy for 3sixteen Deck Chukkas in Peanut Grizzly Leather.

Originally Posted by chestercopperpot
very nice! are they both lined?

havn't seen a lined pair of the boat shoes before.

Both shoes are fully lined in calfskin. The burgundy pair is incredibly comfortable to wear sock-less.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those burgundys are identical to mine a few posts back but yours are lined ... nice man.

i like how the peanut turned out. how much were they? did you order those through 3 sixteen?

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
where did you buy the 3sixteen chukkas?

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Looking to grab a pair of chukkas.
Can anyone who owns a pair of chukkas comment on the sizing? Should I go down half a size or full size down? I noticed someone said full size down from their sneaker size for the boat shoes, would it be the same for chukkas?

For reference: My true size is 9 (Nikes, Vans, etc). Chucks (Size 8, Jack Purcells 8.5)

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

JL77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
where did you buy the 3sixteen chukkas?

Teger - They'll be available for pre-order early next week from the 3sixteen webstore.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
haha I already called and reserved a pair. ******* AMAZING. <3

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads