Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by padronlover, Jul 28, 2008.

1. nakedundermyclothes

nakedundermyclothes Senior member

k thx guys. just gonna have to wait til they get a restock or get them from south willard

2. robin

robin Senior member

I think winn perry has some of the boat shoes in a 10D in stock now.

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

Snuff suede with white sole would be instakop

Hmm not sure about that one but there will be some bright colored ones, I know primary blue for sure.

4. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

just an addendum to what i first posted: i emailed kirsten @ quoddy about my issues about a week ago and she emailed me back the next day (a saturday) apologizing for the problem and telling me to mail them back. she received them wednesday of last week, spotted the problems right away and emailed saying she would recut a pair for me, having it shipped by the end of next week. we emailed a few times since and i asked her on the availability of the burgundy leather i've been hunting for. she just emailed saying they're getting burgundy in tomorrow or the next day and that she'd recut my pair in burgundy if i'd like and i'll have them in two weeks at the latest.

while i was frustrated about buying a pair with two major problems, having to send back, wait, etc, i've gotta say i've rarely dealt with customer service that is as awesome as this. they really do go above and beyond to make things right.

5. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

just an addendum to what i first posted: i emailed kirsten @ quoddy about my issues about a week ago and she emailed me back the next day (a saturday) apologizing for the problem and telling me to mail them back. she received them wednesday of last week, spotted the problems right away and emailed saying she would recut a pair for me, having it shipped by the end of next week. we emailed a few times since and i asked her on the availability of the burgundy leather i've been hunting for. she just emailed saying they're getting burgundy in tomorrow or the next day and that she'd recut my pair in burgundy if i'd like and i'll have them in two weeks at the latest.

while i was frustrated about buying a pair with two major problems, having to send back, wait, etc, i've gotta say i've rarely dealt with customer service that is as awesome as this. they really do go above and beyond to make things right.

This sounds great. Makes me want to do business with Quoddy even more.

6. JL77

JL77 Affiliate Vendor

Ordered my second pair of Quoddy's last week. Needed a pair of low top boat shoes since I already have a pair of deck chukkas.

Burgundy leather with a white boat sole. Hopefully I'll have them in a few weeks.

7. Eagle

Eagle Senior member

Not really.

They were grossly underpriced to begin with. Awhile back they were 136 for handmade in the USA moccasins, you can barely get vietnamese nikes for that much and always struck me as odd because they can't do the volume to make money at that price. Then they went up to 186 (half of what apc boat shoes are) and they were still a steal so I don't really have a problem subsidizing a small operation even if the shoes are 220 or even slightly more to make sure they'll be around for a long time.

While I will still support Quoddy,because they are a small company and even after the price increase, thank gawd I bought my current five pair (three boats and two penny loafers), prior to the increase. One pair of my boats and one pair of my Penny loafers are unlined..the remaining three pair are lined. I will not buy any additional pairs, without the lining. While I cannot say the lined shoes are more or less comfortable on the foot, the lined versions do hold up a whole lot better!

Quoddy's biggest challenge with the increased prices will be competing with the bigger boys. For instance, Alden offers a very well made and 'oh so comfortable' boat shoe for $225.

8. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

Do any stores in the Boston or NYC area carry Quoddy? I would like to handle these shoes myself before buying.

9. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

Not exactly NYC, but O'Connells in Buffalo has some.

10. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

I have heard so many good things about Quoddy that I just ordered a pair of camp mocs from O'Connell's sight unseen.

11. Supadoo

Supadoo Member

I have heard so many good things about Quoddy that I just ordered a pair of camp mocs from O'Connell's sight unseen.

I did as well a few days ago, hopefully they live up to the hype.

12. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

They're worth it trust me, you won't be disappointed.

And if you are I'm sure you can sell them pretty easily.

13. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

Came back from classes today to these: [​IMG] Woo! I think ideally I'm a 8 EEE. Got these in a 8.5E and they're a tad narrow for me...but many have said that the leather will stretch so I think these will fit great after a couple of wears.

14. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

^^^Those look great.

15. kinetic

kinetic Senior member

Got on a waiting list for the brown with white soles at O'Connells. We'll see how long it takes to get new stock in my size. Can't wait though. Lowest prices and speedy customer service.