Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by padronlover, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

How do Quoddy Boat Shoes and Bluchers fit? true to size? Or would you recommending going down 1/2 to account for stretching?

I figure if I'm a 10US in Clarks Desert Boots (which is a 1/2 size down from my true size), I should go for a 10US in the Quoddy's too...

Any thoughts?

Well I wear a 12 in most, including sperrys, and my size 12 quoddy bluchers fit fantastic. I am sure that it will stretch out a little bit, but I don't think sizing down is necessary. As for getting them wet, I dunno, the pair I have in black feels very heavily oiled, I definitely wouldn't try to wear them through water or anything like boatshoes, the moccasin uppers aren't treated for it.

2. delirium

delirium Senior member

Quality is so good and the burgundy and navy are so beautiful.

I'm waiting for the navy unlined version to come in since the current ones are a bit thick around the ankle.

Are the navy and burgundy versions limited to South Willard?

I don't see them on the other sites [​IMG] .

3. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Well, this thread just cost me $150. I've been on the hunt for some good navy boat shoes. Never could find any of the Sperry ones in stock around here and didn't feel motivated enough to order them. Tried on some Sebago ones but was unimpressed with the quality compared to my brown Sperrys. Then I saw that South Willard had the Quoddy ones in my size and I just couldn't pass it up. Hopefully I'll have them by the weekend.

4. Teger

Teger Senior member

Because of this thread I bought the brown bluchers. So either thanks or damn yuo.

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

The only boat shoes I own are some navy canvas sperrys, which I like because they're very low volume. I've been eyeing Quoddy for a while, but haven't pulled the trigger because I'm just not sure I'll be able to wear the things year-round. However, the bluchers might be a bit more versatile in that sense.

6. delirium

delirium Senior member

bump for an answer

any other stores besides SW carry navy and/or burgundy boat shoes? or is it just black and brown everywhere else?

7. Lysol

Lysol Senior member

Just bought the Quoddy brown bluchers from South Willard. These are just what I have been looking for. Casual rubber soled shoe that's not a boat, sneaker, or boot.

8. skiwebster

skiwebster Senior member

bump for an answer

any other stores besides SW carry navy and/or burgundy boat shoes? or is it just black and brown everywhere else?

haven't seen the navy ones anywhere but SW, most likely made just for them by quoddy. Call up quoddy and ask them, they are extremely nice and could possibly even make you a pair if they have some extra leather lying around.

9. tyates

tyates Well-Known Member

SW didn't have my size in the navy so I order them direct from Quoddy. Took a couple months to get them but I'd say they're worth it. Very well made.

10. korce

korce Senior member

Does anyone have pics of the burgundy boat shoe? I'm curious to see what these look like. Is it a dark, almost-brown burgundy, or something brighter?

11. 1969

1969 Senior member

Received my black blutchers from South Willard last week. Along with my 5EPs and Engineered Garments outerwear, they are in the category of "must be seen in person to fully appreciate".

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

Does anyone have pics of the burgundy boat shoe? I'm curious to see what these look like. Is it a dark, almost-brown burgundy, or something brighter?

They're perfect, pretty much like oxblood.

13. delirium

delirium Senior member

I'm kinda interested in the ring boots.

Other thoughts? How do they look in person?

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

I got my bluchers today, and damn, they are awesome. The leather is extremely soft, they are probably the most comfortable shoes right out of the box I've ever worn (I walked 2 miles in these today and felt great), and the color is amazing. The brown has definite hints of red and an amazing texture. What should I do to take care of these?

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

I'm kinda interested in the ring boots.

Other thoughts? How do they look in person?

They're pretty cool, very unique in person. I think they would look great with denim, might try them on if I go down there this weekend. The rings are a nice touch.