Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by padronlover, Jul 28, 2008.

1. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

I had a hard time finding pics of this exact makeup, so figured I would contribute these. Natural cxl, natural threads, gum camp sole, antique brass, rawhide lace, cross-stitch tips

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017

2. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

SO I called in today and found out that Quoddy has increased their refurb cost to $130 and there's a 6-8 week lagtime. I remember paying $30 for this just a couple years ago....Anyways, has anyone tried to go an alternative route and used either another company or a local cobbler to do repairs? My bluchers (the standard chromexel/bricksole ones) badly need a resole so that's what I'm most interested in getting done.

3. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

This is insane. Their prices have almost doubled in the last 10 years as well.

4. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

In case anyone's curious - I ended up just buying the soles from Quoddy ($35 shipped I believe) and bringing them to a local shoe repair shop. Total cost to repair was around $60-70.