Quoddy Boat Moc Worth it?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by nbernie, Jul 9, 2012.

1. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

I really like the Quoddy Boat Moc at Leffot, specifically in blue, but I'm wondering if it's worth dropping $300 on a shoe that I'm going to end up wearing exclusively with chinos/ shorts and a tshirt, especially because I have these from Townview which have served my purposes well and cost 1/3 of the price. . Looking for advice from current Quoddy owners: worth it, or should I just spend my money somewhere else?

2. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

N, you might want to check with the SW&D side of the forum. There's a Quoddy thread as well one dedicated to Rancourt. Many people find both to be equal. You can probably find a few people on those threads to give you reliable, first-hand comparisons of both brands, if not also of Townview.

3. TM79

TM79 Senior member

FWIW, I own boat shoes by Quoddy and Mocs by Rancourt. Very similar look and feel - both extremely comfortable.

After owning these I would never consider going back to Sperry or Sebago.

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I agree. I don't own that particular model, but I own a pair of Quoddy bought through J. Crew. I had boat shoes before from Sperry and others, and the Quoddy is absolutely better than the ones i've had. I wear them often in the summer time and is worth the the money to me.

5. nbernie

nbernie Senior member