• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quixtar (no, not )

Augustus Medici

Reaction score
A few months ago, this Indian kid named Chami attempted to recruit me into a cute little pyramid scheme called "Quixtar." It's essentially the online version of Amway, and indeed owned by the same company, Alticor. He didn't actually say the name "Quixtar" and even handed me a business card with his own company called "Global-something or other." And then he invited me to a seminar, which I stupidly attended and quickly realized that this was nothing more than an idiotic scam/cult.

I was just wondering if anybody on this educated forum has had any encounters with these nutcases?

On a sidenote, and I'm not trying to be racist here, I noticed that most (~99%) of the attendees were Indians (dot, not feather). There were a few born-in-the-USA kind, but the majority of them were immigrants. If anybody has had the unfortunate luck of getting swindled into attempting a seminar in some other part of this country (I'm from Texas, y'all), I'd really be interested in knowing if the audience was comprised of mostly immigrant Indians as well.

Thoughts and comments?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Heard about it, went to a meeting, read some stuff, walked away. Not interested.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Quixtar is Amway's online store. Some people approached me about the next great website "like Amazon.com" and I quickly realized what it was. I hate that crap.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went to a Quixtar meeting. The vast majority of people there were black and Mexicans. It was pretty sad to see how easily people were swayed by promises of riches and ringers in the audience who'd scream "booya!" at every other comment. I wonder if they pray specifically on minorities, or if that is just who shows up/believes their BS?

Augustus Medici

Reaction score
I actually did a little research on this just now and found that Indians are a pretty large sector of the Quixtar group. They hang out at ethnic grocery stores or even regular bookstores and attempt to recruit other Indians. So yes, I think they really do prey on minorities. It makes a kind of sense, since they would logically be easier to persuade. I personally can't believe this load of crap is even legal. What distinguishes Quixtar from just another perpetuating scam? It's a wonder the FTC doesn't crack down.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augustus Medici
On a sidenote, and I'm not trying to be racist here, I noticed that most (~99%) of the attendees were Indians (dot, not feather).

Originally Posted by Augustus Medici
So yes, I think they really do prey on minorities. It makes a kind of sense, since they would logically be easier to persuade.

Priceless.
laugh.gif

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Let it be known that Kent Wang does not associate with known racists.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Let it be known that Kent Wang does not associate with known racists.
Does Kent Wang hire them to cut his lawn?

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too attended such a meeting. Mine was held by an upscale matron in an upscale, suburban community. Audience, was all white. I asked some unwanted questions, after the presentation. That was the end of my Quixstar, 'career.'
Hallo-RIP.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads