• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never use my C&J in rainy days... i learned somewhere high quality leather shoes should be avoid rain cause is a risk of forming salt stains :eek:

And what about that Russian calf that was at the bottom of the sea for a few centuries?
Good leather will hold up in the wet just fine. It will build patina. Just make sure you let the shoes dry somewhere with good air circulation, away from a heat source.

As soon as you start wearing shoes marks are inevitable. Embrace them to a degree.
Battered boots look cool, battered black oxfords not so much.

Rough-out fishing.
JQzUhl6.jpg

Mud washed off Barnwell
H4ecwyj.jpg

Harlech in rain
cdWHphe.png

Student pool party gone wrong, don't ask. Grenville. Survived just fine.
E8hoFij.jpg

rckch

Reaction score
Not sure if this is allowed but having buyers' remorse after having purchased the Peal & Co Cordovan Captoe boots in size 8D since holidays are coming up. Will sell to anyone who missed out on the sale for what I got them for ($590 shipped). If no interest, will probably end up returning them

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
And what about that Russian calf that was at the bottom of the sea for a few centuries?
Good leather will hold up in the wet just fine. It will build patina. Just make sure you let the shoes dry somewhere with good air circulation, away from a heat source.

As soon as you start wearing shoes marks are inevitable. Embrace them to a degree.

Rough-out fishing.
JQzUhl6.jpg

Mud washed off Barnwell
H4ecwyj.jpg

Harlech in rain
cdWHphe.png

E8hoFij.jpg

Yabut muddy fishing boots are your specialty.
:rimshot:

Zaos1

Reaction score

Rough-out fishing.
JQzUhl6.jpg

Mud washed off Barnwell
H4ecwyj.jpg

Harlech in rain
cdWHphe.png

E8hoFij.jpg
:eek: !!! Ok this was the irrefutable proof C&J leather will resist the rain and ever worst scenarios !!

I was afraid because for me this shoes are expensive and took me a while to save money for purchasing ... so was afraid of water stains on them.. :fu:

Luckily I live in a place where weather is dry almost all year but from now on I will be not worried if rain takes me by surprise ?

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:eek: !!! Ok this was the irrefutable proof C&J leather will resist the rain and ever worst scenarios !!

I was afraid because for me this shoes are expensive and took me a while to save money for purchasing ... so was afraid of water stains on them.. :fu:

Luckily I live in a place where weather is dry almost all year but from now on I will be not worried if rain takes me by surprise ?
I fully understand and would not advise people to go hiking in their dress shoes. When shoes get wet they also need some extra TLC.
All I'm saying is that the shoes won't fall apart if they get a little wet. Often the casual shoes and boots are also made in a more weather resistant leather than 'office' shoes.

I am not bothered by the odd mark, crease or stain on my smart casual shoes. Aged leather has much more appeal than new, immaculate leather imo. This goes for all high quality leather shoes, not just C&J.

Have you noticed how shoes in art are always old and worn-in? They look like they have a story to tell. A bit like my Grenvilles ?

A-Pair-of-Shoes4.jpg

A-Pair-of-Boots-1-1.jpg

2701725-XBXYELQF-6.jpg

Last edited:

frighter3

Reaction score
Hi all, just got addicted to James Bond and would like to get a pair of upgrade boots.

Camberley (Double Monk Boot) in majestic Navy Shell Cordovan. This is the build:

Model: Camberley
Upper: Navy Shell Cordovan
Last: 348 (original)
Width: Standard UK E (US D)
Edging: Antique (original)
Sole: Dainite (original)
Cap Toe: Yes (original)
Buckles: Silver (original)
Welt: Flat Welt (original)

Cost: £725 (~£604 after excluding 16.67% VAT, about $850 USD) plus £30 shipping

Samlpe from previous GMTO:-
View attachment 1297500 View attachment 1297501 View attachment 1297502 View attachment 1297503 View attachment 1297506 View attachment 1297511 View attachment 1297505
Plz fill in this hyperlink GMTO sheet

For those are interested in, please kindly fill in the gmto sheet.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is allowed but having buyers' remorse after having purchased the Peal & Co Cordovan Captoe boots in size 8D since holidays are coming up. Will sell to anyone who missed out on the sale for what I got them for ($590 shipped). If no interest, will probably end up returning them
Have you received them and tried them on yet?

If they fit, I think you will regret selling/returning them. That is a great price for cordovan boots and one of my favorites in my stable.

I am a bit bias in that I love captoes and shell though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads