• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Berto1

Reaction score
Go for it, you won’t regret.

I’m same size on 348 and 373.

With same size I feel a little bit wider my Fairford than my Westbourne

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
put your name on the sheet for these in Whiskey ?
2E15F904-5D57-462B-A326-DB6F5D5BAD37.jpeg
2E9AC339-1AF7-4844-A2D4-C30CB430D6F5.jpeg

ranchsooner

Reaction score
Does anybody know what last the Paul Stuart Howie Wing Tip is on? Trying to determine if it’s the old 337 Clifford or new 373 Fairford. Do they put the last number on any of their private label shoes?

oskrusa

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I got the Conistons from Todd Snyder but I am not too thrilled about them due to their condition.

My pair was obviously a floor model that has been tried multiple times. I am ok with that due to the discount, but there are scrashes on both boots (2 of them deep) and a nick (chunk of leather separated) on the right boot.
I know that some of you would think that this will happen to the boots once I wear them out, but I have mixed feelings for a supposedly $540+ new pair on this condition.
Thoughts?

For the look of the vamp and overall condition, these boots have been tried on quite a few times:
20191207_142516.jpg

There are scratches on both boots, but the worst ones are on the right boot:

20191207_142502.jpg

The white spot below is due to a piece of leather separated from the heel counter:

20191207_142648.jpg

Last edited:

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never use my C&J in rainy days... i learned somewhere high quality leather shoes should be avoid rain cause is a risk of forming salt stains :eek:
Don't know where they are teaching this, but sounds like they are misinforming you. I can understand avoiding it when they throw salt out, because it's more maintenance to clean them up, but not sure why they are throwing salt out in the rain and salt stains can be removed. Not sure if there is any long term damage though.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I got the Conistons from Todd Snyder but I am not too thrilled about them due to their condition.

My pair was obviously a floor model that has been tried multiple times. I am ok with that due to the discount, but there are scrashes on both boots (2 of them deep) and a nick (chunk of leather separated) on the right boot.
I know that some of you would think that this will happen to the boots once I wear them out, but I have mixed feelings for a supposedly $540+ new pair on this condition.
Thoughts?

For the look of the vamp and overall condition, these boots have been tried on quite a few times:
View attachment 1295160

There are scrashes on both boots, but the worst ones are on the right boot:

View attachment 1295161

The white spot below is due to the piece leather separated from the heel counter:

View attachment 1295162
That looks bad. I’ve had good experience with their customer service though. They gave me 10% unprompted a while ago when I had some problems with an order.

Houta

Reaction score
I never use my C&J in rainy days... i learned somewhere high quality leather shoes should be avoid rain cause is a risk of forming salt stains :eek:
That’s strange to be honest! Why would there be salt when it rains? I bought my brecon’s to use them in the rain!

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the up charge from C&J for a one off MTO Shell boo? Getting tired of waiting around for the Whiskey Galway II GMTO sheet to fill only to have four withdraw on the very same day after getting 12, over a hundred bucks.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the up charge from C&J for a one off MTO Shell boo? Getting tired of waiting around for the Whiskey Galway II GMTO sheet to fill only to have four withdraw on the very same day after getting 12, over a hundred bucks.

It’s going to be about $1,850. Sorry for dropping out. Didn’t make much sense staying after I got my Carminas.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Where's the signup for that please?

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

Last edited:

Zaos1

Reaction score
Don't know where they are teaching this, but sounds like they are misinforming you. I can understand avoiding it when they throw salt out, because it's more maintenance to clean them up, but not sure why they are throwing salt out in the rain and salt stains can be removed. Not sure if there is any long term damage though.

Well, I learned the rain have 2 risk... one is the formation of white stains due the salt in the rain water (as the rain water comes from water of the oceans).

And the other risk is for the leather soles, exposing leather soles to wet floor are going to cause the leather sole absorb the water like a sponge... making it soft with the time and accelerating his degradation ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads