• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer that I just tried on and have not yet worn around the house yet but my initial reaction on the shell cap toe boots are a touch on the larger size of TTS but I would not size down.
I like to error on a touch to large than a touch to small and I think sizing down would risk a touch to small.
Great. Thanks very much! I think you and I possess a similar philosophy in sizing.

JFK_88

Reaction score
Wanted to add another Black Friday Code you guys might find interesting! From Sky Valet Shoes in Washington D.C. on Crockett & Jones and John Lobb.

The Crockett and Jones Code gives 100$ off

Code: CR100

The John Lobb Code gives 200$ off

Code: Lobb

Also don't forget...if you sign up for the newsletter and it is your first purchase ever they give an additional 10% off. So DON'T click away the sign up window when you first visit the website!!!

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chestnut Skye is the choice for dinner with the family tonight. Need to get these out more frequently...
F00135F3-BE2E-43AA-8141-F2E2B6C9F01D.jpeg

oskrusa

Reaction score
Quick question for those who know anything about the BB, Peal &Co boots made by C&J. Will the brown suede cap toe boots fit the same as the Shell Cordovan cap toe boots? Are they both on the 240 last? The brown suede boots fit true to size for me, but many in their reviews online say the cordovan boots are large and you need to size down. Thanks in advance for your help!

I would recommend against sizing down. They will be a bit long but not enough to merit sizing down.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I wear a 9.5 in the Cavendish (325 last) am I likely to be the same size in the Chiltern chukka (241 last)? What would you all recommend?
For reference I wear 10.5EE in Allen Edmonds 5 last

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi guys. I‘ve been an unregistered lurker here for a long time, and I just set up an account to ask what is probably an annoying rookie question. I’m about to buy my first cordovan, and have chosen the Harlech—via Brooks Brothers because I like the Dainite soles and the extra room in the toe box. They’re also on sale right now—30% off!

Using BB’s American sizes, the 11.5 laces up beautifully, feels firm in the heel, but is a little snug in the toe. It‘s not painful or anything, but it concerns me since I walk miles every day, and especially as it also seems just a little short. The 12, my usual size, feels very comfortable in the toe box, but there’s a little slippage in the heel (could be fixed with thick socks or an insert), and if I lace them up as tightly as I usually do a pair of boots there’s a little overlap at the last speed hook. The saleswoman measured my feet, confirmed my usual size of 12, but says she thinks the 11.5 fits me better. She says they’ll stretch a bit and conform to me feet over time. She was firm about this, and sounded like she knew what she was talking about. (But length?)

if these boots weren’t so dang expensive I wouldn’t worry and take her recommendation. But I know me, if they’re too small and uncomfortable or too big and slippy I’ll never wear them, no matter how beautiful they are. I don’t know, maybe they’re just not the boots for me—usually I’m an easy fit, 12D for almost any maker or last. Have any of you had a similar experience with fit for the Harlech? With cordovan should I expect them to stretch some and be perfectly comfortable?

I have no opinions on the other fit issues, but I can say that I have not ever found shell to stretch. As others have said, the footbed will drop a little, but the shell will remain the same.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I wear a 9.5 in the Cavendish (325 last) am I likely to be the same size in the Chiltern chukka (241 last)? What would you all recommend?
For reference I wear 10.5EE in Allen Edmonds 5 last

Fwiw, I never tried the Cavendish but I'm a UK7E in the 325 last (Coniston, Pembroke, Galway 2). I also have the snuff suede Chiltern on the 224 last in a UK7E as well.

The 325 fits me very well while the 224 is shorter with a looser heel in my opinion. The Chiltern was tight in the forefoot for me and I had to stretch them to make it work. I don't think I could have sized up to a UK7.5E due to the heel.

I hope this helps.

SRV

Reaction score
I have a sizing question for Snowdon in 228 Last. TTS? Comparison with 325 or 240 lasts appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
The 228 is a bit narrower than the 325 but I take the same size on my Snowdon and my Coniston.
Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads