• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

bantone

Reaction score
I don't have a pair of C&Js but I think these are going to be in my collection soon lol.

harvard-2-6254rc-29r-1.jpg

Harvard II

I really want a loafer I can dress up with jeans a bit or have a different option. I may commit a sartorial faux pas and wear them with a suit ;) I have some Alden Snuff Suede Loafers I wear from time to time, but the fit is slightly off (got them on eBay) and I prefer a darker color suede over lighter ones.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have a pair of C&Js but I think these are going to be in my collection soon lol.

harvard-2-6254rc-29r-1.jpg

Harvard II

I really want a loafer I can dress up with jeans a bit or have a different option. I may commit a sartorial faux pas and wear them with a suit ;) I have some Alden Snuff Suede Loafers I wear from time to time, but the fit is slightly off (got them on eBay) and I prefer a darker color suede over lighter ones.
I got a pair of these a couple months ago, they've gotten a lot of wear. Super comfy.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah this one seems unbalanced to me. Also not a fan of the one piece outsole+heel.

I’m coming around to the idea of the Ross. It looks like a comfortable winter/walking boot and i’d imagine the Vibram sole offers a bit more cushion than an itshide although not as long lasting probably.

I also like the look of the leather, the spacious last and the moustache vamp is something I always like the look of.

I hadn’t noticed it was a one piece sole however. Not sure how I feel about that.

Evergreen88

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the factory shop will be open tomorrow even if it's a bank holiday?

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe their FS is only open during the Friday and Saturday .. !?

Evergreen88

Reaction score
I believe their FS is only open during the Friday and Saturday .. !?
I called their Jermyn St. shop and they confirmed the FS is closed on Monday but will be open on Tuesday so I suppose they are open also during the week.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know. Up until recently, the FS in Northampton was only opened during the short time working hours on Friday and Saturday.

mirinjobra

Reaction score
Anybody know how the Brecon fits relative to the Chelsea V?

I have the Chelsea V in a size 8 (UK). I can fit a finger in the heel comfortably, and toe room is just right.

Skelnik

Reaction score
I called their Jermyn St. shop and they confirmed the FS is closed on Monday but will be open on Tuesday so I suppose they are open also during the week.

News to me also. This must be a very recent change. The store hours used to be Friday from 1:30pm - 5:00pm and Saturday from 9:00am - 1:30pm. I would call them to confirm. The factory store number is 011 44 1604 823439 unless that changed too.

Evergreen88

Reaction score
News to me also. This must be a very recent change. The store hours used to be Friday from 1:30pm - 5:00pm and Saturday from 9:00am - 1:30pm. I would call them to confirm. The factory store number is 011 44 1604 823439 unless that changed too.

I might have misunderstood what the guy was saying or he might have been wrong, I wouldn't count too much on this information!

I am planning to go next Saturday. If I manage to go I will definitely check the opening times and update this thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads