• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too have experienced that the Handgrade models feel just a bit more refined in their fit and finish - worth the jump in price in my opinion. Out of all the C&J shoes I’ve worn, nothing fits better than my Lonsdale on the 363 last.

View attachment 1209077

They actually look much better in the wild compared to their website library photo. What color are they, as they do not appear to be available online in that particular shade?

nickycheong

Reaction score
They actually look much better in the wild compared to their website library photo. What color are they, as they do not appear to be available online in that particular shade?

These are in Chestnut Antique Calf. I purchased them new from a fellow Styleforum member a couple of years ago. I’ve enjoyed them so much that I picked up the exact same pair in Black Calf as well.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have been an AE customer for a while but have been wanting to take a step up to to CJ. However, I was waiting until I was in NY and had any free time (usually I breeze in for like 10 hours then out again) to go get sized in the store.

So last week I finally made it into the store in Manhattan. Great service and incredibly friendly. I, as a Los Angeleno, was not used to the humidity and like a fool had walked from Midtown. Basically got sized on most of their lasts and picked up a pair of brown pebble grain Conistons and a matching belt which I am wearing today.

Love the fit, feel and finish of the shoes. The handgrade models are definitely worth the price for the quality - but some shoes in the main collection don't have a comparative model in Handgrade.

Have also become dangerously intrigued by their MTO service.
20190719_105137.jpg
20190719_105132.jpg

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have been an AE customer for a while but have been wanting to take a step up to to CJ. However, I was waiting until I was in NY and had any free time (usually I breeze in for like 10 hours then out again) to go get sized in the store.

So last week I finally made it into the store in Manhattan. Great service and incredibly friendly. I, as a Los Angeleno, was not used to the humidity and like a fool had walked from Midtown. Basically got sized on most of their lasts and picked up a pair of brown pebble grain Conistons and a matching belt which I am wearing today.

Love the fit, feel and finish of the shoes. The handgrade models are definitely worth the price for the quality - but some shoes in the main collection don't have a comparative model in Handgrade.

Have also become dangerously intrigued by their MTO service. View attachment 1209256 View attachment 1209257

Lovely boots!

I found the handgrade range tends to be more the dress side of things rather than the country styles.

I suppose that makes sense in that the country styles are more rugged and possibly don’t lend themselves as well to the channeled soles etc.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lovely boots!

I found the handgrade range tends to be more the dress side of things rather than the country styles.

I suppose that makes sense in that the country styles are more rugged and possibly don’t lend themselves as well to the channeled soles etc.

I think that take is correct. I really love the Grosvenor in the Handgrade for example as a city boot....but the Handgrade Collection really doesn't have something to compare to the Conniston or the Islay.

Ultimately I started with Connistons because I don't really have any decent boots (with the exception of some Frye and Lucchese which don't really fit with CM). I have AE equivalents in a lot of the city styles which I will upgrade to CJ over time.

MB1

Reaction score
I was told by two different C&J stores last week that they are redoing their line up (hence the sales) and the Harvard II loafer will not be coming back. It's a shame, it's been my go-to loafer for a while.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh. I have a pair on order with Sky Valet here in DC. Now I need to call him.

MB1

Reaction score
Huh. I have a pair on order with Sky Valet here in DC. Now I need to call him.

As far as I know they are still doing MTM for the Harvard II (I was offered that option at two locations in London). However once the new line up comes out, I suspect MTM will be suspended for that particular shoe.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw these new CJ double monks Renton 3 in the Paris store. The new double monks are on the 367 last.

Attachments

• 20190720_212553.jpg
    20190720_212553.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

manasdirge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
t
I was told by two different C&J stores last week that they are redoing their line up (hence the sales) and the Harvard II loafer will not be coming back. It's a shame, it's been my go-to loafer for a while.
that's a pretty new style, why discountinue it?

Fonz4

Reaction score
Do you know if there is a way to get, by writing one only email, the info about shoes in sale you want? I mean the shoes availability in each shop. For instance, one could look for shoes X in size S but don't know which shop has it available in sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads