• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks lagsun. I found these on the bay. They didnt come with boxes so not sure where they got them from. I was thinking maybe barneys but they feel UK sizing versus US sizing...but not sure that means anything with barneys.

Maybe another member knows.

I got these for bad weather. I hate the rocks getting stuck in the deep commando soles and hope ridgeway handles them better.

have a good week!

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received the Bodiley Hertfords from the Rake sale. They are wonderful; built like tanks, but in a good way. Highly recommend. Almost certainly the Swansea

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know the answer is probably go to the store and try on a different size, but was wondering if any of the sage members of this thread have heard of going down a .5 size extra in the 335 boot last? In Other words a 7.5 Uk for a us 9D.

I was fortunate enough that my lovely wife bought be a pair of skye boots in the standard one size down from Uk. They feel a bit large

For reference I’m a classic 9d USA and my 325 lasted BB connistons are slightly large, but perfectly wearable

Is the 335 that much larger than the 325? Cant seem to find any consensus after a search.....

Thanks in advance for any advice

I tried to go down 1.5 on the Skye 2 and while it did fit with thin dress socks, it was a bit too snug for my liking and suspected that they would hurt upon the first signs of swelling. I ended up selling them.

I believe that wearing thicker socks is factored into the fit when it comes to most boots.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chiltern

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks lagsun. I found these on the bay. They didnt come with boxes so not sure where they got them from. I was thinking maybe barneys but they feel UK sizing versus US sizing...but not sure that means anything with barneys.

Maybe another member knows.

I got these for bad weather. I hate the rocks getting stuck in the deep commando soles and hope ridgeway handles them better.

have a good week!

I like commando soles, minus the picking up stones and dirt part which can be annoying. I find them more comfortable than dainite.

Will definitely be giving ridgeway a try come resole time.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite fancy a pair of these. Are they as comfortable as they look?

The 224 last is a little shorter and has a wider heel than my other shoes/boots on the 325, 335 and 365 lasts in the same size. It took a lot longer to break in and IMHO is still not as comfortable for me as my other C&Js.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeap, the 224 Chiltern is officially my worst fitting CJ pair of shoes.

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
The 224 last is a little shorter and has a wider heel than my other shoes/boots on the 325, 335 and 365 lasts in the same size. It took a lot longer to break in and IMHO is still not as comfortable for me as my other C&Js.
Of course everything depends on your feet. I agree that the heel is wider with last 224 and the last is somewhat shorter (maybe 1/4 size).
For me however, the Chiltern are fitting fine. My best fitting C&J lasts are 236, 325 and 335. 341 is ok for me. 348 is not working at all (too narrow).

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course everything depends on your feet. I agree that the heel is wider with last 224 and the last is somewhat shorter (maybe 1/4 size).
For me however, the Chiltern are fitting fine. My best fitting C&J lasts are 236, 325 and 335. 341 is ok for me. 348 is not working at all (too narrow).
Agreed. My best fitting last is the 325 followed by 365 and 335. I have to go up a half size for the 341

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Might be worth trying 1st by sounds of things. Good looking boots though!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics