• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just snatched these from Tassels here in Hong Kong (Lanark 3). They're on 40% discount so I couldn't resist, and we need some casual black shoes for our upcoming denim photo shoot.

Any thoughts on the Vibram sole? I'm surprised how light they feel.

jamesnyc

Reaction score
What do you guys think about Coniston boots with ‘scotch country grain leather’?

I’m not quite familiar with this leather in Conistons boots, could anyone give me some advice? (Maybe vs. Skye or Northcote?)

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about Coniston boots with ‘scotch country grain leather’?

I’m not quite familiar with this leather in Conistons boots, could anyone give me some advice? (Maybe vs. Skye or Northcote?)
It's the standard leather that most people get their Conistons in. Several of us have the tan scotch grain. Here are mine.

View media item 2293075

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are these shell Cordovan?

No, they're not. It's their Black Cavalry Calf, Another user suspected it being a cheaper leather back in the Fall. (I don't remember the exact term right now.)

I have that same pair of Lanark 3s that I wear with more contemporary SW&D fits. It holds up well in the rain!

Last edited:

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would highly recommend it, colour is great and gets better with a bit of darker polish added over time in my opinion.

Mine have minimal creasing which could partially be down to fit. Also seems a fairly durable leather.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monday polish :)

36034435qh.jpeg

36034456kw.jpeg

Are the top pair chestnut? I really hope my chestnut Connaught's end up looking something like that.

What products do you use and roughly how long has it taken to acheive this look if you don't mind me asking?

I'm aware its better to let the patina develop gradually over time,

cnation

Reaction score
No, they're not. It's their Black Cavalry Calf, Another user suspected it being a cheaper leather back in the Fall. (I don't remember the exact term right now.)

I have that same pair of Lanark 3s that I wear with more contemporary SW&D fits. It holds up well in the rain!
By any chance do you know if tassels had any shell Cordovan shoes in their store? Not including Alden.

cnation

Reaction score
Does anyone know if budapester.com Crockett 9us size equivalent to the usual Crockett and jones 8e sizing?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads