• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Style989

Reaction score
No, I wouldn’t bother. Had the same on my pair. Try applying dubbin several times. It should remove it

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quarterly visit to HQ in the SF Bay Area rain

IMG_1033.jpg

lurker33

Reaction score
Indianas getting a bit of a beating on a 6 or so hour hike, through a lot of snow as well.
When i got them a few months back i wasn't sure if i even liked them but they grew on me eventually, and 378 is just so good for long walks.

Attachments

• indiana.jpg
    indiana.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 134

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indianas getting a bit of a beating on a 6 or so hour hike, through a lot of snow as well.
When i got them a few months back i wasn't sure if i even liked them but they grew on me eventually, and 378 is just so good for long walks.
Been interested in these a while. How does the 378 differ from the 325?

lurker33

Reaction score
Been interested in these a while. How does the 378 differ from the 325?
side by side both in rough-out suede.
378 is tighter at the heel, very secure.
Its definitely a bit wider.
More height in the toe box, but that could be a cap toe vs non cap toe thing?
Same in the instep.
Definitely take both in the same size though.

Attachments

• 20230330_175907.jpg
    20230330_175907.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 131

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
side by side both in rough-out suede.
378 is tighter at the heel, very secure.
Its definitely a bit wider.
More height in the toe box, but that could be a cap toe vs non cap toe thing?
Same in the instep.
Definitely take both in the same size though.
Thank you that looks great. As much as I find the 325 family quite handsome I may be biting off more than I chew if I try to walk around in them a lot. For me personally I find the Trickers 4497 last shape is a more roomier and comfy fit. Maybe the Griezdale would be a good option for me at some point but for now I am picking up stuff from other makers as well so have to pause on the UK brands.

lurker33

Reaction score
Thank you that looks great. As much as I find the 325 family quite handsome I may be biting off more than I chew if I try to walk around in them a lot. For me personally I find the Trickers 4497 last shape is a more roomier and comfy fit. Maybe the Griezdale would be a good option for me at some point but for now I am picking up stuff from other makers as well so have to pause on the UK brands.
I haven't worn any 325 in a while, last time i did it felt so exhausting despite fitting me well. Having a much better time in EG72 which is quite similar imo.

As for 4497S, its shorter due to being rounder i guess and 378 might be a tiny bit wider still. Both UK10.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads