• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but Bond had the Islay 😂

C'mon! Indy's got nothing even close to what Bond's got at his disposal in terms of gadgets and weaponry.
Wearing only a fedora, armed with a revolver, and carrying a whip he was able to make it to the lost ark and through the Temple of Doom. That's only knowing basic boxing and being a History professor.
Indy FTW.

oskrusa

Reaction score
Having a glass of wine with the wife this afternoon, wearing my good old Conistons. I love the fit of the 325 last.

20220927_171214.jpg

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C'mon! Indy's got nothing even close to what Bond's got at his disposal in terms of gadgets and weaponry.
Wearing only a fedora, armed with a revolver, and carrying a whip he was able to make it to the lost ark and through the Temple of Doom. That's only knowing basic boxing and being a History professor.
Indy FTW.

Plus, he shot that dude who had the sabre.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's got guile and smarts. No point in engaging a swordsman 1 v 1 when you have a pistol. It's not Indy's fault the guy brought a big knife to a gun fight.

Absolutely.

Admittedly, Bond is also a smart guy himself.

Both men get equivalent amounts of girls, but then again, Indy seems to hit on all his students which, while acceptable back in the 40s, is now frowned upon.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely.

Admittedly, Bond is also a smart guy himself.

Both men get equivalent amounts of girls, but then again, Indy seems to hit on all his students which, while acceptable back in the 40s, is now frowned upon.

Bond is well trained. Probably knows, at least, 10 languages so he's been exposed to more. I think I'd give the smarts to Indy since he does more with less

In terms of young ladies, IIRC didn't Indy dismiss their advances?

In any case, Bond has to get the nod in attracting the ladies. Then again, he's got a SF level wardrobe. Indy looks like he predominately shops at Eddie Bauer when he's on missions.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bond is well trained. Probably knows, at least, 10 languages so he's been exposed to more. I think I'd give the smarts to Indy since he does more with less

In any case, Bond has to get the nod in attracting the ladies. Then again, he's got a SF level wardrobe. Indy looks like he predominately shops at Eddie Bauer when he's on missions.

His girl in Raiders he first slept with when she was 15. So, he definitely is fishing in the shallow end of the pool, but it was a different world back in the 40s.

Bond, meanwhile, is more the "I'll go ******** with your wife after I kill you" which has its own moral problems.

DrewMill

Reaction score
Carmina's a good option at this price point if they fit you well. Did you try last 348 or 373? Those are a bit narrower for me. Otherwise the higher end makers do offer different widths (Gaziano Girling, Edward Green, Yohei Fukuda etc.)
Thanks for the advice!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His girl in Raiders he first slept with when she was 15. So, he definitely is fishing in the shallow end of the pool, but it was a different world back in the 40s.

Bond, meanwhile, is more the "I'll go ******** with your wife after I kill you" which has its own moral problems.

Good grief 15yrs old. Indy come on man!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lucas wanted it 12. Spielberg said 15.

Lucas had strange ideas of what is and isn't kosher.

What the heck! It's bad enough the King was fooling around w/Priscilla at 14yrs and he was 24 or 25. Say it ain't so Indy! Say it ain't so! 🤦🏻‍♂️.

Last edited:

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bond is well educated, but Indy is a professor at The University of Chicago. Indy wins that one.

E. coli

Reaction score

I'd like to think he's step above with MIUSA Filson gear/bags ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads