• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

shoefan57

Reaction score
I just took delivery of some Whiskey Cordovan Pembroke's - what shade of Saphir polish or creme are other Whiskey owners using?
C&J recommend Saphir Cordovan Cream “Fawn” but I suspect that’s what others mean by “Whiskey”.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Despite owning multiple pairs of Tricker's Stow boots, I am seriously considering the C&J Islay, because why not....

Does anyone on her have a side by side photo comparison of the toe shape on the 365 last vs the 4497 Tricker's last?

Marmite89

Reaction score
C&J recommend Saphir Cordovan Cream “Fawn” but I suspect that’s what others mean by “Whiskey”.
Do you know what number it is on the Saphir colour chart? I’ve already got the No.03 which I think is simply called light brown which I use on tan coloured shoes.

shoefan57

Reaction score
Do you know what number it is on the Saphir colour chart? I’ve already got the No.03 which I think is simply called light brown which I use on tan coloured shoes.
It is number 19 and is from their range dedicated to shell cordovan care

Style989

Reaction score
Despite owning multiple pairs of Tricker's Stow boots, I am seriously considering the C&J Islay, because why not....

Does anyone on her have a side by side photo comparison of the toe shape on the 365 last vs the 4497 Tricker's last?
Islay is brill. Mine came in today. Don't have a pair of trickers to compare but I had to size down half a size from C&J oxfords (348, 360, 373 lasts) if that helps

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Islay is brill. Mine came in today. Don't have a pair of trickers to compare but I had to size down half a size from C&J oxfords (348, 360, 373 lasts) if that helps
Without photos, it never happened. 🤣

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Cordovan Stows/Roughout Islays
dE78ISQqSlmvaxquRw9W-A.jpg
GOE2jt2zStqQsXaVwdt3oQ.jpg
T7XfWjdvRMSGXq1yNTaeXQ.jpg

Style989

Reaction score
My brown rough out Coniston came in today too. I'm thinking it might be a bit too similar too my Molton and I should have gone with black. Anyway, going to take a trip to factory shop tomorrow and see if they have any goodies. They may have black Conistons to compare

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Welcome to the Islay club, my friend. You'll soon learn that your food will taste better, you can drink that extra martini or two and never have a hangover. Men will envy you; women will stuff their phone number in your front pocket.

FMaBw5mXoAQuCRn.jpg

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Stows are 9.5UK.
Islays are from Barneys and are marked 10.5US.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads