• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

shoefan57

Reaction score
Thank you JayDotz. You saved me a lot of money, and pain by the sounds of it. They were so tight it felt like I had one toe too many.
I had the same issue before when I wanted to buy a GG. Incredible finish, the most beautiful designs and lasts, materials were top notch but so tight and painful to wear. I guess the last shape didn't suit my feet on those either. I was still considering them hoping they would stretch out after wearing.
It’s a reminder that the best shoe is the one that fits you the best.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
I saw this beautiful green rough out Coniston which turned out to be a GMTO. I was keen to get in on it but was told it was too late but I could still order it as MTO.

Where did you see the GMTO green roughout Coniston? Did you see multiple pairs, or was it just one for the shop? Asking for a friend… 😉

Marmite89

Reaction score
C&J Harlech on my travels this evening…

FD9B5E3A-7CB2-499B-94BD-CE5B6D1D94FB.jpeg

Style989

Reaction score
Where did you see the GMTO green roughout Coniston? Did you see multiple pairs, or was it just one for the shop? Asking for a friend… 😉

no, saw on the forums. Thought it was Tod Snyder edition then realised it was GMTO

User888

Reaction score

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shoeinvestor

Reaction score

Style989

Reaction score
Thanks guys you were right. Worked the area hard with some dubbin and the scratch is almost imperceptible now. Went out with them first time last evening. Really nice shoe and an enjoyable experience. Very versatile, can wear it for walks, site visits, and add some class to more casual outfits. Got a bunch of other scratches on them haha. I just have to accept they're not a museum piece and for their intended use they are going to get roughed up
tempImagesiScsr.png
h
tempImagelg9iGG.png

Marmite89

Reaction score
I just took delivery of some Whiskey Cordovan Pembroke's - what shade of Saphir polish or creme are other Whiskey owners using?

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
I just took delivery of some Whiskey Cordovan Pembroke's - what shade of Saphir polish or creme are other Whiskey owners using?
I also do own the Saphir Cordovan Whiskey stuff but have never used it. I always used Saphir Cordovan neutral so far.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads