• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

jaspergunner

Reaction score
Hi gents

Looking for some assistance from the brains trust. I've been after a pair of the Harvard loafers for the longest time and I've finally decided to pull the trigger. I've decided to go for a burgundy cordovan pair, however these seem to be almost impossible to find. I've managed to locate two sites that have it, Ben Silver and Unipair (links below).

1. The colours look quite different despite being advertised as the same. The ones on the Unipair site look much darker and is what I would prefer, however Unipair does not have my size in stock. Does the C&J burgundy cordovan colour vary that much, or is it just the lighting in the photos? Do they appear brighter or darker in real life? I can't seem to find other photos of the burgundy cordovan online so if anyone could shed some light on this it would be much appreciated.

2. This will be my first foray into mid / higher end shoes (I currently own Meermin, Morjas and Alfred Sargent in UK 7 for all of them). Does the Harvard fit true to size?

Thanks in advance!

Ben Silver:

Unipair:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hi gents

Looking for some assistance from the brains trust. I've been after a pair of the Harvard loafers for the longest time and I've finally decided to pull the trigger. I've decided to go for a burgundy cordovan pair, however these seem to be almost impossible to find. I've managed to locate two sites that have it, Ben Silver and Unipair (links below).

1. The colours look quite different despite being advertised as the same. The ones on the Unipair site look much darker and is what I would prefer, however Unipair does not have my size in stock. Does the C&J burgundy cordovan colour vary that much, or is it just the lighting in the photos? Do they appear brighter or darker in real life? I can't seem to find other photos of the burgundy cordovan online so if anyone could shed some light on this it would be much appreciated.

2. This will be my first foray into mid / higher end shoes (I currently own Meermin, Morjas and Alfred Sargent in UK 7 for all of them). Does the Harvard fit true to size?

Thanks in advance!

Ben Silver:

Unipair:
It’s just the lighting on the pictures. The shoes will vary from shell to shell and pair to pair so will be more variables than calf. On a loafer this shouldn’t be as apparent as a boot say as a far smaller area to worry about with clicking. Nice loafer, I’m not a loafer man but friends have and love them.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi gents

Thanks in advance!

Ben Silver:

Unipair:
The Harvard fits tts, ime. I like the heel better on the Harvard 2 though (376 last)

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Skyfall on my feet; No Time To Die in the background.

loFngs.jpg

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi gents

Thanks in advance!

Ben Silver:

Unipair:

These are my Brooks Brothers by Crockett & Jones #8 boots

View media item 2295273

Moostyle

Reaction score
Hi gents

Thanks in advance!

Ben Silver:

Unipair:
I think if you pay extra C&J will make them to order, thus bypassing availability issues for a premium.

Last edited:

shoefan57

Reaction score
I browsed the search and seems like there are a bunch of people posting they take the same size in 325/341. Could be that they don’t post about taking the wide width because they don’t. But if you add “wide” to the search instead of G a bunch more results come up too.
I have 341 and 325 last shoes and boots. Also own a pair of 341 last G fit pair. The 341 last fits me narrower than 325 last which is more generous. The G fit 341 last is very generous indeed and I size down 1/2 a size for these.

Mr Stevens

Reaction score
Naive is question: is there a C&J B/S/T thread? Can't seem to find one after searching a couple of times.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Naive is question: is there a C&J B/S/T thread? Can't seem to find one after searching a couple of times.
I don’t think there is one. But there’s nothing to stop you from starting one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads