• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Marmite89

Reaction score
Nice. How did the sizing work out for you, what is your Brannock vs size ordered?

I’m a Brit, not had my feet measured like that since I was a kid, so don’t have a Brannock measurement to compare. UK 9E in everything I’ve had from C&J - 325 and 341 lasts being the best fit. 335 in these Cardigan is more roomy but I find them very comfortable.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I’m a Brit, not had my feet measured like that since I was a kid, so don’t have a Brannock measurement to compare. UK 9E in everything I’ve had from C&J - 325 and 341 lasts being the best fit. 335 in these Cardigan is more roomy but I find them very comfortable.
That’s it mate, we don’t have fancy foot measuring tackle like our friends over the pond, we just whack em on! ?

Marmite89

Reaction score
That’s it mate, we don’t have fancy foot measuring tackle like our friends over the pond, we just whack em on! ?

I had to quickly Google if Brannock is "a thing" here in the UK, and that, perhaps, I had just decided to neglect my feet all these years! Probably the closest most of us Brits get to the same thing is being dragged into Clark's shoe store by your Mum on a Saturday morning for new school shoes!

Moostyle

Reaction score

I had to quickly Google if Brannock is "a thing" here in the UK, and that, perhaps, I had just decided to neglect my feet all these years! Probably the closest most of us Brits get to the same thing is being dragged into Clark's shoe store by your Mum on a Saturday morning for new school shoes!
Hah I normally work in UK and EU sizes but only after getting my feet properly measured recently (3D scanning machine, was pretty cool) have I realized that I have probably been buying shoes a little too small for me as I didn't know what my true size was and as such couldn't really properly apply the guidance on websites for fit variations. As a result I have been getting the occasional corn and I hoping to get better fits now that I am more aware of my foot size and measurements! :D

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Handgrade model is the Full Brogue on the left, Clifford on the 337 last. On the right hand is the Benchgrade style Drummond on last 348. Both models have been discontinued by Crockett& Jones. Yet, some retailers place special orders with C&J and are offering the Clifford on this last still. Unfortunately, the follow-up Clifford 2 on last 367 was available for a year or so only. Maybe because this model interferes with the sales of same style Fairford on last 373.
I don't think the other shoes are Drummonds, unless they're an older model prior to the one that was discontinued. The shape of the toe cap is not chiseled from my eye and the ones that I have don't have a u-throat.

Camerashy

Reaction score
It’s one thing getting your feet size through proper measurements but it’s another choosing the right size from all the various shoe manufacturers

Moostyle

Reaction score
It’s one thing getting your feet size through proper measurements but it’s another choosing the right size from all the various shoe manufacturers
Yes, that's why knowing your foot size more accurately so that you can follow the boot makers advice is important. Nothing replaces going to get fitted, but otherwise if ordering remotely you just have to do the best you can with the most accurate info at your disposal.

Marmite89

Reaction score
Yes, that's why knowing your foot size more accurately so that you can follow the boot makers advice is important. Nothing replaces going to get fitted, but otherwise if ordering remotely you just have to do the best you can with the most accurate info at your disposal.

I originally did my sizing for C&J by visiting one of the Jermyn St shops. Ever since sorting out my size on that first, and then just one other subsequent visit, I found it opened up my options massively and online and eBay are a decent option. I now tend to stick to the same shoe brands to avoid the sizing lottery, and by default have built up a small C&J collection! I know that approach narrows the horizons, but there are far worse brands to be stuck purchasing!

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

C&J does have a guide on their website on tracing your feet and then taking measurements based on the tracings. You then send that in, along with any details such as high instep/flat feet etc, and the shoes/lasts you're looking at, and they will come back with a size estimate. It worked very well on my first pair of Bostons. Sarah at Bodiley's will also walk you through sizing specific to the lasts you're looking at.

Moostyle

Reaction score
C&J does have a guide on their website on tracing your feet and then taking measurements based on the tracings. You then send that in, along with any details such as high instep/flat feet etc, and the shoes/lasts you're looking at, and they will come back with a size estimate. It worked very well on my first pair of Bostons. Sarah at Bodiley's will also walk you through sizing specific to the lasts you're looking at.
I tried tracing them and my accuracy was not good. 3D scanning game me precision to a mm of my entire foot and lower leg in every dimension. Quite a few shoe and sports stores where I live and buying this technology now and they scan for free as part of a consultation . It has removed all doubt about my foot size and also revealed some surprising facts, like my left foot is half a size bigger than my right and wayyyy flatter from leaning and jumping on it for years!

noobanker

Reaction score
Do the C&J's have a decent heel height? I dislike dress shoes that have below 25mm (1") heel height, as it's a very unflattering look.

Tom Kyle

Reaction score
I don't think the other shoes are Drummonds, unless they're an older model prior to the one that was discontinued. The shape of the toe cap is not chiseled from my eye and the ones that I have don't have a u-throat.
You are right, my bad. Could it be that it is a special make-up?

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has removed all doubt about my foot size and also revealed some surprising facts, like my left foot is half a size bigger than my right and wayyyy flatter from leaning and jumping on it for years!

Are you a professional hopscotch player perhaps?

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the SF GMTO.
6FF7C908-F504-4A93-9B27-DD42FDEA400B.jpeg
DCF6E142-8F72-40D4-B22A-DB3CCC475D59.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads