• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

NickUK

Reaction score
May I ask about these? How do you like them? How do they generally feel in relation to other lasts (say, the 324, 341, or 375 lasts)? I'm interested but can't seem to figure out the sizing. Thanks, man.

Hey, I'd say they were "true to size" if that's such a thing!

I'm usually pretty picky with sizing (especially with UK12 feet in all sneakers/trainers I buy).

My Tetbury's are a UK11 (Last 348) and my Skye 3's are a UK11 (Last 335).

I'd say the Ross fits better for me, more room for the toes, but they are also a UK11.5, which is going to play it's part.

I wouldn't say it's much of a difference to the others, and to be honest, I probably would have got the other 2 in a UK11.5 if they were available.

I'd go with the size you buy most often here!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Grantham loafers? I have several unlined Harvard's and they fit very well. Looks like Grantham is on the same last as my Harvard 2 in suede. Curious if anyone has worn both?

Harvard is the only C&J loafer that fits me well. Boston and Sydney did not work.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Harlech…?
4CA3EA04-87A9-431E-8058-06A6BBBFD1F1.jpeg

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'd say they were "true to size" if that's such a thing!

I'm usually pretty picky with sizing (especially with UK12 feet in all sneakers/trainers I buy).

My Tetbury's are a UK11 (Last 348) and my Skye 3's are a UK11 (Last 335).

I'd say the Ross fits better for me, more room for the toes, but they are also a UK11.5, which is going to play it's part.

I wouldn't say it's much of a difference to the others, and to be honest, I probably would have got the other 2 in a UK11.5 if they were available.

I'd go with the size you buy most often here!
Thanks, man. I heard those run big. Your insight helps.

Von Knauzenstein

Reaction score
Wore my C&J Chelsea 5 for 3.5 weeks in Europe... walked 16km one day in Verona, wore them at the Eagle's Nest when everyone had hiking shoes.

Also wore them when I met Mr. Ruf and got a tour of his factory.

PVI3M86.jpg
Nice, but what kind of shoes did mr. Ruf wear?

cb1998

Reaction score
Anyone else find a last works for them in a shoe but not in a boot/vice versa?

I have a pair of conistons and Grasmere and whilst I find the Grasmere very comfortable I find the coniston feels almost smaller, and I’m aware of my toe against the front of the boot, especially my left foot. These are the same size, and obviously last shape too…

As a result I think I’m going to sell my Conistons.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wore my C&J Chelsea 5 for 3.5 weeks in Europe... walked 16km one day in Verona, wore them at the Eagle's Nest when everyone had hiking shoes.

Also wore them when I met Mr. Ruf and got a tour of his factory.

PVI3M86.jpg

Very nice. I've always felt they were quite comfortable for day hiking. I wore Conistons in Kyoto one day with a total daily distance of about 23km. Felt great at day's end.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score

I have a pair of conistons and Grasmere and whilst I find the Grasmere very comfortable I find the coniston feels almost smaller, and I’m aware of my toe against the front of the boot, especially my left foot. These are the same size, and obviously last shape too…

I can see the point. I find boots have more leeway to accommodate slightly out of shape feet. Maybe it’s the extra shaft.

Von Knauzenstein

Reaction score

I have the opposite: I find my three pair of Coniston's more comfortable then my Pembroke. All pairs are in Scotch Grain 325 last. The Pembroke's are really nice but for lang walks the Coniston's are just better and they give me no blisters at all. They feel roomier and more solid.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score

What size and style? ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads