• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being wide-footed, I find the 336 last of the Molton a bit roomier in the forefoot than my 325 Conistons, probably due to the taper at the toe of the Coniston.

Is that roominess in the toe box, across the ball or both?

Pedlar

Reaction score
ADD63B91-282B-4D9D-BA3E-58C07D9033E7.jpeg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Bit of a long shot question here... Anyone have sizing experience with the original RL Lindrick as compared with normal, UK sized C&J on the 325 last? I have gotten burned by C&J US sizing in the past where the fit is off relative to a UK E sized shoe and I am wondering if there is any insight specifically regarding the Lindrick. The RL label seems to show a half size difference between US and UK, which is odd.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have Lindrick in US10.5 in cordovan and scotch grain. Conistons in UK9.5.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I don't get to the C&J thread too often and was wondering if there is a C&S B/S/T thread? I couldn't find one. I have a pair of 8E Lindricks that I am trying to move. I won't post the specifics here as I don't intend to spam. If there is a dedicated C&J B/S/T thread and someone could direct me, that would be greatly appreciated. For now, they are on ebay but I will pass along the 10% fee as savings if purchased through SF.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ANyone here planning to indulge in the new black grain Islam on the cleated sole? Photos welcome!?

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Guys,

I don't get to the C&J thread too often and was wondering if there is a C&S B/S/T thread? I couldn't find one. I have a pair of 8E Lindricks that I am trying to move. I won't post the specifics here as I don't intend to spam. If there is a dedicated C&J B/S/T thread and someone could direct me, that would be greatly appreciated. For now, they are on ebay but I will pass along the 10% fee as savings if purchased through SF.
Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a dedicated C&J B/S/T thread… (Unless you want to start one?), I think you need to post them in the general Men’s Classifieds, under “Footwear.” I do think you can notify / link your listing in this thread to let the C&J crowd know about it, though…

Shadow95580

Reaction score
Hello my friends,

I am a huge fan of crockett and jones. I have coniston, radnor (russian leather), harlech (dark brown), skye 3, chiltern...

I am very happy with these boots. Recently, I bought orslow pant (the 105 models). The cut is straight. It's not like my other pant.

Unfortunately with my boots the look is very weird : the large leg opening give a bad contrast with the boots. The boots look too thin and the workwear look is not given.

The only boot that it works is the fred grenson. The very wide toe give a successful result.

Now i am looking the crockett and jones signature with my workwear vintage look. With my orslow 105 and their large leg opening.

Do you think that crockett and jones can stand for this ? I was thinking for the grizedale : large toe, commando sole that give more space and the roughout suede that dont give them a very precious look.

Have you tested workwearlook with this ? With large legopening ? I am preparing myself to visit the shop to test.

Sorry i am french so my english is not perfect.

Thanks for your answers !

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello my friends,

I am a huge fan of crockett and jones. I have coniston, radnor (russian leather), harlech (dark brown), skye 3, chiltern...

I am very happy with these boots. Recently, I bought orslow pant (the 105 models). The cut is straight. It's not like my other pant.

Unfortunately with my boots the look is very weird : the large leg opening give a bad contrast with the boots. The boots look too thin and the workwear look is not given.

The only boot that it works is the fred grenson. The very wide toe give a successful result.

Now i am looking the crockett and jones signature with my workwear vintage look. With my orslow 105 and their large leg opening.

Do you think that crockett and jones can stand for this ? I was thinking for the grizedale : large toe, commando sole that give more space and the roughout suede that dont give them a very precious look.

Have you tested workwearlook with this ? With large legopening ? I am preparing myself to visit the shop to test.

Sorry i am french so my english is not perfect.

Thanks for your answers !
You don't like the Coniston or Radnor with straight leg denim? I'd be fine wearing those with straight leg denim. A couple other options with denim would be the Islay or Shannon if those are your style

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics