• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Roughout Coniston.

71B2FCEE-A99B-47A3-980C-6D21D7E8F985.jpeg 50F80236-5D7D-4867-AC44-60EF2A77EF84.jpeg 3E055322-45AE-4074-9469-66569F40086B.jpeg BA06DE7E-0874-465D-A3EF-DDF5F90CB131.jpeg

liahos1

Reaction score
Question for everyone here with Cavendish. I will update with photos later.

I recently bought a second pair of cavendish 2 in black calf from pediwear. This was my first order from them and they ordered it directly from crockett and then shipped them over. I already own cavendish 2 in dark brown which I bought maybe 2 years ago.

What I noticed when comparing the older brown shoes to the black ones was a little odd.

• The black calf version had a slightly shorter heel and a stitched apron closer to the toe end than the brown pair.
  • The brown version weights about 20-25grams more than the black version (this version does have shoe polish/pate de lux and mirror toe etc)
Is there supposed to be variation between models year to year or even within a year like this? Seems sorta odd.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And here are their high top cousins

View attachment 1673075
Not raining in here though.

How long was your break-in period? I thought I had turned a corner after applying some renovateur and doing a few around the block walks, so I took them for a 2 1/2 mile walk on Sunday morning and had a bleeding toe when I returned. The fit is great; it's just the stiffness of the Scotch grain that I need to get past.

Hurlazza4

Reaction score
How long was your break-in period? I thought I had turned a corner after applying some renovateur and doing a few around the block walks, so I took them for a 2 1/2 mile walk on Sunday morning and had a bleeding toe when I returned. The fit is great; it's just the stiffness of the Scotch grain that I need to get past.
I am still breaking them in. I've worn them 6 times but we are in lockdown here in Sydney and so haven't worn them out of the house. They have been fine worn around the house. The leather is firm but is gradually giving a bit. I don't think I will get the kind of trouble you have had. So far only some stiffness at the ankle fold. Not sure what we all call that part but the bit of the boot that needs to crease to allow my ankle to bend.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man I wanted these for so long but the new C&J ordering and shipping terms put me off. Are they up for sale via retailers now?

What have they changed recently?

Von Knauzenstein

Reaction score

Von Knauzenstein

Reaction score
I had the same problem with breaking them in. What I did was to put them on in my house every evening for 2 hours for a few weeks and after that walking around the blocks and so fort. No pain, no gain ;-)

Von Knauzenstein

Reaction score
I am still breaking them in. I've worn them 6 times but we are in lockdown here in Sydney and so haven't worn them out of the house. They have been fine worn around the house. The leather is firm but is gradually giving a bit. I don't think I will get the kind of trouble you have had. So far only some stiffness at the ankle fold. Not sure what we all call that part but the bit of the boot that needs to crease to allow my ankle to bend.
What helped with me was walking the stairways a lot inside my house. Good luck in Sydney with the lockdown!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads