• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most excellent. Done breaking in? I’m waiting on Borghini classic to re-release their version on the 335 last and then I will pounce.
I think so…the soles have definitely give in and the leather has become flexible, but I wonder if the scotch leather will soften up more, but overall, yes. Nice, it looks like a heftier boot on the 335. My next C&J purchase will also be on the 335, I’m pretty stuck on the Islay.

haha I just realized the islay is on the 365. Don’t drink and discuss technical details of boots.

Last edited:

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think so…the soles have definitely give in and the leather has become flexible, but I wonder if the scotch leather will soften up more, but overall, yes. Nice, it looks like a heftier boot on the 335. My next C&J purchase will also be on the 335, I’m pretty stuck on the Islay.

haha I just realized the islay is on the 365. Don’t drink and discuss technical details of boots.
He he do enjoy a drink and talk shoes. ?

The 335 should be just a touch rounder and raise at the toe and therefore perfect for me. Essentially their Chelsea last.

The grain will definitely soften more and more. My tan Coniston is very soft and comfy with more use. It’s turning cold here already so i’m thrilled to be able to take them out again even if I am sad that summer may be fading a bit....

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He he do enjoy a drink and talk shoes. ?

The 335 should be just a touch rounder and raise at the toe and therefore perfect for me. Essentially their Chelsea last.

The grain will definitely soften more and more. My tan Coniston is very soft and comfy with more use. It’s turning cold here already so i’m thrilled to be able to take them out again even if I am sad that summer may be fading a bit....
Ah, I did noticed the forefoot looked a bit taller than the 325 but I wasn’t sure if the stouts I’m drinking were deceiving my eyes hahah.

that’s good to know! I prefer the cold, although it doesn’t really get cold here in Southern California.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own Pembroke in tan scotch grain and Skye 3 in chestnut. I am looking to add a dark brown version for both shoes (Pembroke or Bourton) and boots (islay or stow).

Shorwtwing is my favourite pattern, you can't have too many!
I’ve handled the corrected grain pembroke in black and I’d totally prefer the waxy brown calf on it. The grain is nice too!

Rob H

Reaction score
Good afternoon from Yorkshire, I'm pleased to say I'm the proud owner of two more special order pairs of Handgrades.
These are both Fairford, both on the 332 last and with Vibram Gumlite soles.
So I guess they're the Fairford bodywork on top of a Latimer chassis in car speak. They are significantly lighter and more cushioned than the standard Fairford if a little less elegant with the chunkier sole and the rounder 332 toecap.
It's great to have smart casual Oxfords that don't gape at the laces and with cushioning that means I can comfortably be on my feet all day.
One pair is in tan antique calf which is a standard colour, the other pair are in dark brown antique calf which is special order for the Fairford.
These replace 2 pairs of Church's brogues which I've had for about 25 years that are similar colours to these.
Fairford.jpg
Fairford 2.jpg

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon from Yorkshire, I'm pleased to say I'm the proud owner of two more special order pairs of Handgrades.
These are both Fairford, both on the 332 last and with Vibram Gumlite soles.
So I guess they're the Fairford bodywork on top of a Latimer chassis in car speak. They are significantly lighter and more cushioned than the standard Fairford if a little less elegant with the chunkier sole and the rounder 332 toecap.
It's great to have smart casual Oxfords that don't gape at the laces and with cushioning that means I can comfortably be on my feet all day.
One pair is in tan antique calf which is a standard colour, the other pair are in dark brown antique calf which is special order for the Fairford.
These replace 2 pairs of Church's brogues which I've had for about 25 years that are similar colours to these. View attachment 1647282 View attachment 1647283

Beautiful. Enjoy both pairs in good health.

rlenoir

Reaction score
Hello everyone, does anyone know, is the model Snowdon only sold exclusively at the official C&J store?

Last edited:

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello gentleman

I have just recieved my first pair of C&J in rought suede (a pair of Coniston), I was wondering how should I take care of this leather. C&J´s web site has lots of information but is always good to hear from SF members.

Regards

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Hello gentleman

I have just recieved my first pair of C&J in rought suede (a pair of Coniston), I was wondering how should I take care of this leather. C&J´s web site has lots of information but is always good to hear from SF members.

Regards

I have these in black roughout. So far I have only given them a few passes with a horsehair brush after each wear to remove dust and debris, which the black shows a little. In two years, that's all I've done and they look great!

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have these in black roughout. So far I have only given them a few passes with a horsehair brush after each wear to remove dust and debris, which the black shows a little. In two years, that's all I've done and they look great!

Thank you sir, regards

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recieved last week my first pair of Conistons, I am impressed with the quality and comfort. The 325 last is very comfortable, I am 10.5UK in most brands and lasts and did't have to size down.

Since the rough out suede is new for me, I made some reaserch and found interesting the amount of information that C&J's site displays about this leather.

I bought them form Bodileys, as always great service form Sarah, she was helpfull with lasts and sizing.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads