• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here has 377 last and find it 1/2 size bigger than most last? My Heartland 2 ( unlined) chukka are a bit loose but C&J states 377 is true to size?

s? View attachment 1643779
I’ve got the Derwent which is on 377; they are more forgiving to my widish foot. But, definitely not a 1/2 size bigger for my feet.

7827C0E1-B980-46C4-959B-2FB7B6DE32D8.jpeg

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God, that is like a real existential question right there. Here I’m sitting, wondering whether I should get the dark brown Coni now that I own the tan and brown RO but also whether that is too much considering I have C&J Chelsea’s and the Galway on dark brown grain already. Yeesh. I’ve decided to wait a bit to see what’s new on their upcoming releases. Perhaps a cap toe on cleated soles in that chocolate hurricane leather? Supposed to be quite a nice hide.
****, I just read your comment hahaha, sarcasm? Your contemplation makes feel like I’m over-analyzing things! I’m also going to play it slow and see if my preferences change with time. As of currently: pembroke & islay are my
Are you considering the Pembroke in shell or scotch grain? Considering you already have the lindrick I would go with the tan scotchgrain, the ultimate country shoe
I think the Pembroke looks best in tan scotch grain, so definitely going in the aforementioned.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****, I just read your comment hahaha, sarcasm? Your contemplation makes feel like I’m over-analyzing things! I’m also going to play it slow and see if my preferences change with time. As of currently: pembroke & islay are my

I think the Pembroke looks best in tan scotch grain, so definitely going in the aforementioned.
Ha ha no no that wasn’t an attempt at sarcasm at all. I’m genuinely agonising over to get the dark brown coniston even though I have the tan and brown rough out pairs.

Worse still, i’m thinking about a pair of field boots as well but wavering because I did a calculation about potential shoe use and realised that calculated against my hypothetical life expectancy i’ll only actually be able to get 3 years of wear on each pair....

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha ha no no that wasn’t an attempt at sarcasm at all. I’m genuinely agonising over to get the dark brown coniston even though I have the tan and brown rough out pairs.

Worse still, i’m thinking about a pair of field boots as well but wavering because I did a calculation about potential shoe use and realised that calculated against my hypothetical life expectancy i’ll only actually be able to get 3 years of wear on each pair....
I have a hard time deciphering sarcasm sometimes, so I’ve learned it’s best to ask when in doubt hahaha.

As a fellow forum peer; get them! I think the coniston looks best in dark brown scotch. I have them in dark brown scotch & donot feel compelled to buy it any other leather.

lmao ****! You went as far as calculating the amount of wears. Although I have thought and do hope I get to wear out every pair of footwear I own, as they’ll probably get sold after my passing.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a hard time deciphering sarcasm sometimes, so I’ve learned it’s best to ask when in doubt hahaha.

As a fellow forum peer; get them! I think the coniston looks best in dark brown scotch. I have them in dark brown scotch & donot feel compelled to buy it any other leather.

lmao ****! You went as far as calculating the amount of wears. Although I have thought and do hope I get to wear out every pair of footwear I own, as they’ll probably get sold after my passing.
He he yeah it suddenly struck me as I contemplated purchasing a few more pairs. Based on that premise that a well made pair is good for a lifetime of use, getting anything less than a decade of wear a pair strikes me as being a bit of a disservice to great footwear.

My guess is i’ll Be hammering away at some pairs more than others, and gradually will sell a few I don’t wear much as well. Hoping to trim the collection a bit in time so that I am left with the ones that truly show their use and character of the leather the way their makers intended it.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tell you what, if C&J goes big and release a dark brown Coniston in a chunky vibram sole, i’ll Be all over it. ;-) I just saw some photos of the black rough out Coniston in the vibram cleated sole that I really wanted at one point and was reminded how much that chunky look appeals to me....

.....or I end up getting the black edition and the dark brown grain also, FML ?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads