• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cold snap on the first day of summer meant rough out connistons
26778A1D-5286-4113-80E8-99A36348E17D.jpeg

815B39EE-D64F-4235-BA52-7F5639CFA255.jpeg

really digging how they work with the rogue territory jacket and a denim shirt for a casual day

donlelelel

Reaction score
I would like to ask hows the difference between Boston and Harvard? i bought a pair of uk size 9E cigar shell cordovan Havard two weeks ago and it fits well. But actually my feet is quite wide, US8.5EE. The salesperson told me why Havars could fit me is becos it is unlined so it is roomier inside. Given tht Boston uses the same last as Harvard, but it is lined, how are the difference between them? would it be more rigid, in term of the structure, so my feey wont be able to fit in. Cos i want to buy one pair of sude penny loafer and in HK, the retailer doesnt have Boston jn stock for me to try it out.

Thanks a-lot!

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to ask hows the difference between Boston and Harvard? i bought a pair of uk size 9E cigar shell cordovan Havard two weeks ago and it fits well. But actually my feet is quite wide, US8.5EE. The salesperson told me why Havars could fit me is becos it is unlined so it is roomier inside. Given tht Boston uses the same last as Harvard, but it is lined, how are the difference between them? would it be more rigid, in term of the structure, so my feey wont be able to fit in. Cos i want to buy one pair of sude penny loafer and in HK, the retailer doesnt have Boston jn stock for me to try it out.

Thanks a-lot!

I wear 11.5 eee in us sizing but I have no problem with an 11.5 uk standard width. I personally found the half size up too snug. I did, however, have great results from 10.5 wide.

That being said cordovan is generally much roomier than calf. I don't have these shoes and it might depend on the last, but my pembrokes fit me like a dream at the size I got them in. I'd imagine the cordovan will be generous, but don't quote me on that.

Camerashy

Reaction score
Could someone advice me please on the fitting for the 360 Last.
I take a UK10 in Cheaney and a UK9.5 in Loakes.
any help appreciated

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads