• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

EUtroll

Reaction score
Polo suede Audley's.

Sorry for the lack of socks...

IMG_20210610_140901.jpg

BPL Esq

Reaction score
If anyone might be interested in a very lightly used pair of hand grade Cornhill split toe bluchers in UK size 9D, please feel free to message me and save me the trouble of listing in the classifieds. Beautiful shoes but just a bit narrow for me.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Boston's are breaking in a bit hard, and I know that English grain leather breaks in hard. We had a bit of a bleeder when I took them off today. I put a couple of hours in them on city sidewalks on Saturday and they felt fine. Today, I wore them around the house a bit and then down to the corner store for some martini makings, and they felt a bit hard and uncomfortable and noticed the damage when I took them off. Fit seems perfect both width and length. Should I hit them with some conditioner (Renovateur would be my choice) and hydrate them a bit or just take it a little slower on the break-in?

BPLbf4.md.jpg

Nice update on my Bostons. I hit them with Renovateur and really let it soak in for around 4 hours and then gave them a fresh coat of Saphir Havana Cream. All is well. I wouldn't call them fully broken in, but several times now I've worn them all day with dress socks and no damage done.

TMacpherson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was interested in picking up a pair of the C&J Alex, but instead got a chance to buy the brand new James (NTTD) model for about $660. A beautiful shoe. Excited to wear them to my alumni black-tie ball next month. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    4.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    10.4 KB · Views: 78

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was interested in picking up a pair of the C&J Alex, but instead got a chance to buy the brand new James (NTTD) model for about $660. A beautiful shoe. Excited to wear them to my alumni black-tie ball next month. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Retailer, or private sale?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads