• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

JFK_88

Reaction score
Hello fellas, quick question! I am thinking of pulling the trigger on some Burgundy Peal & Co./Crockett & Jones Captoe Adelaides in Burgundy color made on the 341 last before they will dissappear forever considering Brooks Brothers seems to have made the decision to give up their production runs with Crockett & Jones as far as I know (but feel free to correct me if I am wrong). Anyhow, the only C&J I currently own is a 325 lasted Ralph Lauren Marlow Penny loafer in brown shell Cordovan which I absolutely love and fit well. However, the shoes are in a US 12 size and the Adelaides I am eyeing are in a 11,5. according to the seller on Ebay. I am curious if those will fit or if I should simply wait until an unused size 12 might pop up on Ebay at some point. I have no idea about the 341 last and have never tried one on, so I don't know anything about the fitting properties and or whetehr there is a difference between the 325 and 341 in terms of whether half a size would kill my feet or not? What are your thoughts? Pull the trigger and try, maybe having to return them and or simply wait it out for a size 12? I'd appreciate any and all input, thanks!

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello fellas, quick question! I am thinking of pulling the trigger on some Burgundy Peal & Co./Crockett & Jones Captoe Adelaides in Burgundy color made on the 341 last before they will dissappear forever considering Brooks Brothers seems to have made the decision to give up their production runs with Crockett & Jones as far as I know (but feel free to correct me if I am wrong). Anyhow, the only C&J I currently own is a 325 lasted Ralph Lauren Marlow Penny loafer in brown shell Cordovan which I absolutely love and fit well. However, the shoes are in a US 12 size and the Adelaides I am eyeing are in a 11,5. according to the seller on Ebay. I am curious if those will fit or if I should simply wait until an unused size 12 might pop up on Ebay at some point. I have no idea about the 341 last and have never tried one on, so I don't know anything about the fitting properties and or whetehr there is a difference between the 325 and 341 in terms of whether half a size would kill my feet or not? What are your thoughts? Pull the trigger and try, maybe having to return them and or simply wait it out for a size 12? I'd appreciate any and all input, thanks!
I take UK 11 US12 in both last. 11.5 might not work for you.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uhh.. the Polo Shell Full Strap Penny’s Double Leather sole was built on last 314, not 325.
The Tips.. PTB’s, and Monk were indeed last 325.

JFK_88

Reaction score
Uhh.. the Polo Shell Full Strap Penny’s Double Leather sole was built on last 314, not 325.
The Tips.. PTB’s, and Monk were indeed last 325.
Thanks chipshot! Sorry I confused the 325 and 314 with one another.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The BB Burgundy Cap Toes you referred to are last 240. Beautiful boot ..

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m planning on selling 3 pairs of GMTO C&J boots (whisky shell Lindricks, whisky shell Galway, brown shell Lindricks). I was considering using ebay, although I do worry a bit about fraud and scams and such (people falsely claiming they never received the boots and then getting a refund as eBay usually sided with the buyer).

Any of you routinely sell items in this price range on eBay? Better to look for other avenues?
Thanks!
I have never had any frauds or scams. Any sells over $300, I require a signature. I don't sell to first-time buyers. I usually google the address. If the house or the apartment looks suspect, I take extra precautions. Several buyers told lies to get me to accept returns. Unfortunately, it usually works. Ebay usually sides with the buyer, regardless of the proof I provide.

Webbo

Reaction score
I always swore I would never sport a tasseled loafer. Then….
974F8B8F-42F0-4D9E-9935-971AEBF52FAB.jpeg
F5698BBA-2F1B-45CB-A729-82B198922AFE.jpeg
8813D2CE-A8D1-40F0-80FF-CAE6C2ACF704.jpeg

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would any of the good forum members on here be interested in a potential MTO of the Coniston in brown rough out on the 335 last, with the Vibram commando sole?

I wanted something with a touch more toe space, the chunkier sole for the wet \ snowy winter weather here and well, in brown rough out.

At present the closest is the Black Edition Coniston but that is in, well, black roughout and on the 325 last.

Anyway, ideas welcome, I'm just putting this out there to see who might be interested. We need 8 people to make this happen with no surcharge?

aldenfan

Reaction score
Can anyone give me an impression of the differences on the 335 last of the Chelsea 5 versus the 224 of the Chiltern?

For background, I wear the Chelsea 5 a lot so I am familiar with that last and it suits my wider feet well without being too long. I'd like to get a good pair of chukka for the summer and I am trying to figure out if the 224 would be similar. The 341 last was a bit pointy and long for me. I'm also considering the Molton in 336 as I think it might be similar to the 335.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me an impression of the differences on the 335 last of the Chelsea 5 versus the 224 of the Chiltern?

For background, I wear the Chelsea 5 a lot so I am familiar with that last and it suits my wider feet well without being too long. I'd like to get a good pair of chukka for the summer and I am trying to figure out if the 224 would be similar. The 341 last was a bit pointy and long for me. I'm also considering the Molton in 336 as I think it might be similar to the 335.

The Chiltern on the 224 is shorter in length than the 335 in the same size. The heel seems looser too. I'm actually trying to sell my Chilterns in my signature as the last doesn't suit me as well as the 325, 335 or 365 in the same sizes (and 341 a half size up).

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Would any of the good forum members on here be interested in a potential MTO of the Coniston in brown rough out on the 335 last, with the Vibram commando sole?

I wanted something with a touch more toe space, the chunkier sole for the wet \ snowy winter weather here and well, in brown rough out.

At present the closest is the Black Edition Coniston but that is in, well, black roughout and on the 325 last.

Anyway, ideas welcome, I'm just putting this out there to see who might be interested. We need 8 people to make this happen with no surcharge?

Hmmm...I have the Black Edition Coniston and I love them, probably in the rotation the heaviest over the last year. Indeed a little more toe room would be ideal though. So I ended up recently getting the Molton, so it makes more brown r/o a little redundant for me. If there is another leather, I may jump in. But that would be a sweet MTO.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...I have the Black Edition Coniston and I love them, probably in the rotation the heaviest over the last year. Indeed a little more toe room would be ideal though. So I ended up recently getting the Molton, so it makes more brown r/o a little redundant for me. If there is another leather, I may jump in. But that would be a sweet MTO.
I’m open to ideas on the leather actually. This was me just tossing out feelers to see who might be interested in the last, sole option. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads