• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

nareichert

Reaction score
Yeah I did wonder about the Coniston toes myself, since I prefer the forefoot to be quite roomy. My toes tend to splay outward a bit when taking a step it seems, but so far they haven't actually been that much of an issue. I'm still looking around to see if there is a roomier version of the Conistons to be had.

I'd read of a list of signups for potential MTOs but can't seem to find it anywhere. Will be keen to see what is on the list.

Bayou Tiger

Reaction score

Are you going for a dressier look? Versatility wise, I think the Richmond, if it's on the 376, is probably the most versatile, as far as toe shapes go.

I feel like the 341 might be too dressy for my own purposes.
Definitely looking for more versatile than dressy, i.e. some that can easily be worn with polos and henleys. And yes, the Richmond 2 is on the 376 last.

fernando526

Reaction score
ATTN: @joecrouton @zargoz @Lvo @l33tcoder @Coolhand0302 @harveyrabbit @adubs @Drm9788 @orionz06

Hey guys, looks like we 13 people for the Whisky Lindrick GMTO!!! I have reached out to Basil to get everything preapred and just wanted to follow up and provide an important update email that I received from Basil at C&J 69 Jermyn Street. Please read the forwarded email below:

"Dear Mr *******,

I hope you are keeping well and staying safe.

The price for the Lindrick is still to be confirmed but at 12 pairs it would be regular retail price.

DHL Shipping to the US = £20.00/ Rest of the World £50.00

These are the specifications of the boot:
Style: Lindrick
Last: 325
Material: Cordovan
Colour: Whiskey
Stitching: Ton-Sur-Ton (Tone on Tone)
Sole Unit: (depending on majority)
Sole Thickness: Double
Storm Welt: Yes
Pull tabs: Yes
Edge Colour: Antique
Eyelets/Speedhooks: Top leg- 4 speedhooks and 4 exposed matching metal eyelets?
Size: (please confirm)
Width: E

At the point your order is processed/confirmed it will be non-refundable and you have committed to the batch order.

Also, I have spoken with Jonathan Jones and he has mentioned there is a shortage of the whiskey shells from Horween at the moment. We currently do not have any Whiskey shells and are not certain when we will receive any. This will add more time on the delivery date, but I will keep you informed on the any updates.

In the highly unlikely event of the shoes being damaged in production, we will reimburse you for your order, but unfortunately cannot remake individual pairs. In addition to this, please be aware that because of the nature of cordovan shell there may be slight variances between shells as you will never get two pieces that are identical (e.g. colour, tone, shade and texture).

In addition to our shoes and boots, we also provide a range of accessories including wooden shoe trees ranging from £65-£115 http://www.crockettandjones.com/product/shoe-trees

and matching belts ranging from £85-£650 http://www.crockettandjones.com/collections/uk/belts/all/

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Basil El-Matrawi
Assistant Manager

Crockett and Jones
69 Jermyn Street
SW1Y 6PF
London
(T) 020 7976 2684 (F) 020 7916 2685
c&[email protected]

www.crockettandjones.com"

It seems C&J, and possibly many other manufacturers, are waiting for Horween to produce more Whisky cordovan shells. So this may slightly prolong the delivery of our Lindricks once they go into production. If you have any questions, please reach out to Basil via the phone or email above.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely looking for more versatile than dressy, i.e. some that can easily be worn with polos and henleys. And yes, the Richmond 2 is on the 376 last.
Then my recommendation would be for those Richmond 2, Harvards, Henley 2, or Boston.

Whoops, forgot you said suede, so you can strike out the Henley 2.

Forgot to also mention that Snuff, like you said, would be a good color. I would also consider dark brown if you wanted something that could be dressed up more.

l33tcoder

Reaction score
Hey - So did the specs change from dainite to double leather?

EDIT: Read it more closely - it says "(depending on majority)". Can we have clarity on it? A non-rubber sole doesn't work for me. If we change from the originally proposed dainite to city rubber sole - I am fine. But I will humbly opt out if majority decision now is with leather sole.

Last edited:

Drm9788

Reaction score
ATTN: @joecrouton @zargoz @Lvo @l33tcoder @Coolhand0302 @harveyrabbit @adubs @Drm9788 @orionz06

Hey guys, looks like we 13 people for the Whisky Lindrick GMTO!!! I have reached out to Basil to get everything preapred and just wanted to follow up and provide an important update email that I received from Basil at C&J 69 Jermyn Street. Please read the forwarded email below:

"Dear Mr *******,

The price for the Lindrick is still to be confirmed but at 12 pairs it would be regular retail price.

At the point your order is processed/confirmed it will be non-refundable and you have committed to the batch order.

Also, I have spoken with Jonathan Jones and he has mentioned there is a shortage of the whiskey shells from Horween at the moment. We currently do not have any Whiskey shells and are not certain when we will receive any. This will add more time on the delivery date, but I will keep you informed on the any updates.

In the highly unlikely event of the shoes being damaged in production, we will reimburse you for your order, but unfortunately cannot remake individual pairs. In addition to this, please be aware that because of the nature of cordovan shell there may be slight variances between shells as you will never get two pieces that are identical (e.g. colour, tone, shade and texture).

In addition to our shoes and boots, we also provide a range of accessories including wooden shoe trees ranging from £65-£115 http://www.crockettandjones.com/product/shoe-trees

and matching belts ranging from £85-£650 http://www.crockettandjones.com/collections/uk/belts/all/

Best regards,

Basil El-Matrawi
Assistant Manager

Crockett and Jones
69 Jermyn Street
SW1Y 6PF
London
c&[email protected]

It seems C&J, and possibly many other manufacturers, are waiting for Horween to produce more Whisky cordovan shells. So this may slightly prolong the delivery of our Lindricks once they go into production. If you have any questions, please reach out to Basil via the phone or email above.

"Dear Mr *******,

Best regards,

Basil El-Matrawi
Assistant Manager

Crockett and Jones
69 Jermyn Street
SW1Y 6PF
London
c&[email protected]

Awesome! Assuming we just contact Basil directly to place our order then?

I know people were concerned about the sole. It should still be dainite since that is what everyone signed up for.

orionz06

Reaction score

"Dear Mr *******,

Best regards,

Basil El-Matrawi
Assistant Manager

Crockett and Jones
69 Jermyn Street
SW1Y 6PF
London
c&[email protected]

Excellent. Wasn't 100% sure if I got in, but I'll take it. I said I was done, but this is too good of a makeup.

fernando526

Reaction score
Hey - So did the specs change from dainite to double leather?

EDIT: Read it more closely - it says "(depending on majority)". Can we have clarity on it? A non-rubber sole doesn't work for me. If we change from the originally proposed dainite to city rubber sole - I am fine. But I will humbly opt out if majority decision now is with leather sole.
The specs did not change and continue to be Dainite. So far 2 out of the 13 people interested have indicated a preference for double leather (myself included), but if the majority opts for Dainite, then Dainite it is!

The soles are not a big factor to me considering I really want this order to go into production. I'll swap them out to double leather when the time comes for a refurbishment.

Drm9788

Reaction score
Awesome! I too would love DL, but don't want people to drop out. DAINITE IT IS!!!!

Assuming Basil will send out email to everyone about purchasing? or what is the next step?

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Dear Mr *******,

Best regards,

Basil El-Matrawi
Assistant Manager

Crockett and Jones
69 Jermyn Street
SW1Y 6PF
London
c&[email protected]

What is retail here?

l33tcoder

Reaction score
The specs did not change and continue to be Dainite. So far 2 out of the 13 people interested have indicated a preference for double leather (myself included), but if the majority opts for Dainite, then Dainite it is!

The soles are not a big factor to me considering I really want this order to go into production. I'll swap them out to double leather when the time comes for a refurbishment.

Awesome! So the nexts steps are that we wait for Basil to confirm price and then we reach out to him/the store and put down the payments?

fernando526

Reaction score
Awesome! I too would love DL, but don't want people to drop out. DAINITE IT IS!!!!

Assuming Basil will send out email to everyone about purchasing? or what is the next step?
Awesome! So the nexts steps are that we wait for Basil to confirm price and then we reach out to him/the store and put down the payments?

Correct! The next steps would be for us to wait for C&J to allocate more Whisky shells directly from Horween. Basil will give us an update on the pricing and hopefully should be taking payment for our orders. I would say the price would be £50-£65 more than the DB corodvan Galway. 1. Because It’s Whisky shell and there’s an £50 upcharge for that color, and 2. Approximately +£10-£20 for the taller pattern. That’s a give or take estimate, please don’t quote me!

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
I would not want to derail anything, but should we do a final check on specs with those on the Whiskey GMTO? I would go for double leather with factory taps installed in lieu of dainite if that were an option.

fernando526

Reaction score
I would not want to derail anything, but should we do a final check on specs with those on the Whiskey GMTO? I would go for double leather with factory taps installed in lieu of dainite if that were an option.
I am with you brother! I am on the same boat as I prefer DL, but I don’t want to derail the GMTO in any way.

Once we do a final tally of everyone and their preferences, and we have confirmation of price and materials from Horween, we can circle back to this topic. But as of now, Dainite is winning.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads