• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Bayou Tiger

Reaction score
The Ross boots have much more room in the toe than the Conistons. The Ross boots are roomier than the Islays which are in turn roomier than the Conistons. In fact, the Coniston toe initially had me wondering if I would need to go up half a size versus the Islays, but they have since been breaking in okay.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Whisky Harlech gents..
905EA94D-722B-46A2-B912-4BA45FC8C6D8.jpeg

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Ross boots have much more room in the toe than the Conistons. The Ross boots are roomier than the Islays which are in turn roomier than the Conistons. In fact, the Coniston toe initially had me wondering if I would need to go up half a size versus the Islays, but they have since been breaking in okay.
Yeah I did wonder about the Coniston toes myself, since I prefer the forefoot to be quite roomy. My toes tend to splay outward a bit when taking a step it seems, but so far they haven't actually been that much of an issue. I'm still looking around to see if there is a roomier version of the Conistons to be had.

I'd read of a list of signups for potential MTOs but can't seem to find it anywhere. Will be keen to see what is on the list.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I did wonder about the Coniston toes myself, since I prefer the forefoot to be quite roomy. My toes tend to splay outward a bit when taking a step it seems, but so far they haven't actually been that much of an issue. I'm still looking around to see if there is a roomier version of the Conistons to be had.

I'd read of a list of signups for potential MTOs but can't seem to find it anywhere. Will be keen to see what is on the list.

Spud, try somewhere in this thread https://www.styleforum.net/threads/crockett-jones-mto-central.362536/page-695#post-10686379

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So one would be wrong comparing it to polished leathers?
I'm not sure, I've actually never handled the leather, but I thought I read somewhere online about it being a leather that takes more of a shine. I either got confused it with another article or misunderstood.

Bayou Tiger

Reaction score
Guys, I have never owned a pair of loafers and am trying to figure out a Crockett & Jones model that may fit my needs.

These suede loafers would have a defined and narrow target use for me, specifically:
  • Summer use
  • Penny loafer
  • Worn with shorts (typically light gray, or light to medium khaki) and a short-sleeve shirt
  • Worn with no-show or invisible socks
The Cadogan, Richmond, and Sydney look interesting on the website.

Anybody have experience with these and what is going to be the best style choice in this situation?

What would be the most versatile color for the purpose above? Snuff?

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I have never owned a pair of loafers and am trying to figure out a Crockett & Jones model that may fit my needs.

These suede loafers would have a defined and narrow target use for me, specifically:
  • Summer use
  • Penny loafer
  • Worn with shorts (typically light gray, or light to medium khaki) and a short-sleeve shirt
  • Worn with no-show or invisible socks
The Cadogan, Richmond, and Sydney look interesting on the website.

Anybody have experience with these and what is going to be the best style choice in this situation?

What would be the most versatile color for the purpose above? Snuff?
Are you going for a dressier look? Versatility wise, I think the Richmond, if it's on the 376, is probably the most versatile, as far as toe shapes go.

I feel like the 341 might be too dressy for my own purposes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads