• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ask and it shall be delivered..lol, if you like this leather that is.
Any model that is no longer in production goes on sale. That was what I was informed by C&J. Coniston is one of their popular boot not sure if it will. I’d buy one too as that is the one I do not have

orionz06

Reaction score
So there's no risk of some stockist having even a 5% off sale at some point soon?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So there's no risk of some stockist having even a 5% off sale at some point soon?
5% off which price? It depends where you’re located. If you’re in the US and want one of the 3 leathers Kostas stocks I’d order from Noble Shoe and get the 10% off for signing up for their newsletter. Should drop it down to like 450/pair which is better than most US sale prices.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh? What's their deal, why so cheap? What am I missing?
If you are based in the US, CJ hasn’t forced global pricing out yet. So order from one of the stores are abroad (preferably one that has reasonable shipping costs and a return program or let’s you order through PayPal to take advantage of PayPal’s shipping reimbursement if you need to return or exchange), they exclude VAT and you get your shoes. They don’t have the Conniston currently but one of the forum sponsors that stocks CJ even has a promo for guys on here that will knock CJ down to be ridiculously affordable. Win, win. I get cheap shoes and I get to support good guys who are active on the forum or support the forum.

orionz06

Reaction score
shipping reimbursement if you need to return or exchange), they exclude VAT and you get your shoes. They don’t have the Conniston currently but one of the forum sponsors that stocks CJ even has a promo for guys on here that will knock CJ down to be ridiculously affordable. W
Which sponsor is this?

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are based in the US, CJ hasn’t forced global pricing out yet. So order from one of the stores are abroad (preferably one that has reasonable shipping costs and a return program or let’s you order through PayPal to take advantage of PayPal’s shipping reimbursement if you need to return or exchange), they exclude VAT and you get your shoes. They don’t have the Conniston currently but one of the forum sponsors that stocks CJ even has a promo for guys on here that will knock CJ down to be ridiculously affordable. Win, win. I get cheap shoes and I get to support good guys who are active on the forum or support the forum.
+1

I've bought a couple of C&J boots (Chelsea 5 and Coniston) at 50% off from them. 50% discount on Coniston was fueled by covid, I don't expect this level of discount again unless there is another event of the same scale.

Last edited:

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll add Fulham and Borghini to the list. Fulham offers 10-15% discount on C&J from time to time. Borghini offers 15% (handful of times a year) to 30% (balck friday) discount on Coniston. They carry Consiton 3 which is on 335 last. I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually like Coniston on 335 better than standard version on 325 last

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll add Fulham and Borghini to the list. Fulham offers 10-15% discount on C&J from time to time. Borghini offers 15% (handful of times a year) to 30% (balck friday) discount on Coniston. They carry Consiton 3 which is on 335 last. I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually like Coniston on 335 better than standard version on 325 last

Well in terms of last preference, it’s really a question of how a particular last fits ones foot, and for my foot the 335 also works best. I’d love to have it on the 335 last. As much as I love the Coniston, somehow I missed the C3 is on 335. Thanks for that piece of info, I’ll have to keep my eyes open for a Coniston 3, in a leather I want. :thumbs-up:

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well in terms of last preference, it’s really a question of how a particular last fits ones foot, and for my foot the 335 also works best. I’d love to have it on the 335 last. As much as I love the Coniston, somehow I missed the C3 is on 335. Thanks for that piece of info, I’ll have to keep my eyes open for a Coniston 3, in a leather I want. :thumbs-up:

I find C3 supremely comfortable despite the dainite sole. Probably result of last and material (i.e suede).

All this talk inspired me to wear my Coniston 3 to the grocery and hardware stores this afternoon. This pair is in polo suede.
20210418_173932_HDR.jpg

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s great to hear. Thank you for the comparison. I think I’ll go ahead and pull the trigger. I only have one C&J, a black Hallam that doesn’t get much wear, but I’ve always been impressed by the quality.

I was going to order through Bodiley’s as that seemed more straightforward than emailing the uk store now that they’ve launched a more formal online store (not going to pay the US list price so trying to get a UK/ex VAT option).

Bodiley’s is a great store, I got a couple of C&J from them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads