• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

oldworldelegance

Reaction score
The UK stores reopened today so I caught the train and collected my special order Weymouth 2.
They're black cordovan on city soles and a 332 last. My feet are naturally not a slim elegant shape so these look slightly chunkier than the standard Weymouth 2 but the fit is sublime.

View attachment 1591768

Beautiful. Interesting to know that you can get handgrade shoes in cordovan. May I ask what is the premium over a standard handgrade pair?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m surprised nobody’s brought up a GMTO for those cordovan whole cuts.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m surprised nobody’s brought up a GMTO for those cordovan whole cuts.

That's because you're not on the MTO thread :)

Rob H

Reaction score
Beautiful. Interesting to know that you can get handgrade shoes in cordovan. May I ask what is the premium over a standard handgrade pair?
In comparison to the off the shelf hand grade version this special order cordovan had a premium of about £340 but perhaps the pricing has changed since I made the order.
However, I have some more special orders coming that are hand grade antique calf and are cheaper than the special order cordovan but not by a huge amount.

grenache

Reaction score
Maiden Voyage they are not Dover but 341 fits me well. City sole is nice and light!! View attachment 1592301 View attachment 1592303
I’ve been debating getting the Hardwick in brown suede vs a similar style from TLB Mallorca. Would you (or others) have a comment on how the 341 last fits relative to Carmina last (I have Rain/Soller/Oscar/Sineu/Simpson, all in 7.5uk except 8.0uk for Simpson. All fit well)?

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been debating getting the Hardwick in brown suede vs a similar style from TLB Mallorca. Would you (or others) have a comment on how the 341 last fits relative to Carmina last (I have Rain/Soller/Oscar/Sineu/Simpson, all in 7.5uk except 8.0uk for Simpson. All fit well)?
I take UK 11 in most of Carmina last and 341 last. For me the 341 is one the nicest fitting last. I can’t comment on TLB as I’ve never handled them but the Hardwick is one solid shoe.

grenache

Reaction score
I take UK 11 in most of Carmina last and 341 last. For me the 341 is one the nicest fitting last. I can’t comment on TLB as I’ve never handled them but the Hardwick is one solid shoe.

That’s great to hear. Thank you for the comparison. I think I’ll go ahead and pull the trigger. I only have one C&J, a black Hallam that doesn’t get much wear, but I’ve always been impressed by the quality.

I was going to order through Bodiley’s as that seemed more straightforward than emailing the uk store now that they’ve launched a more formal online store (not going to pay the US list price so trying to get a UK/ex VAT option).

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Calf/suede Keswicks over crepe from Barney's long ago.
plU1PSDiTBixDQuaXsel1Q.jpg

aquatherm

Reaction score
Do you guys think there will be a summer sale this year? I'm interested in buying a pair of discontinued boots which I'm certain be be reduced if there is a sale

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think there will be a summer sale this year? I'm interested in buying a pair of discontinued boots which I'm certain be be reduced if there is a sale

well, what until June and I guess you’ll see.

Given their foray into e-commerce, I could see that given the efficiency it affords.

orionz06

Reaction score
Is there ever a sale on Conistons? I need to grab two pair and a little break would be nice.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there ever a sale on Conistons? I need to grab two pair and a little break would be nice.
Ask and it shall be delivered..lol, if you like this leather that is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads