• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
I have both the Coniston and Islay in UK7E. The 325 fits me best as the 365 is roomier in the forefoot. It's still a good fit and I could probably wear thicker socks with the Islay if I wanted. Good luck.

Good to know. I am coming to the realization that the 325 is probably not ideal for me - just too narrow up front. I can wear my Conistons only with thin socks. I hate to size up even a half as I start feeling clown-footed since I like slim pants, lol. Eyeing the Chelsea XI on the 335.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Good to know. I am coming to the realization that the 325 is probably not ideal for me - just too narrow up front. I can wear my Conistons only with thin socks. I hate to size up even a half as I start feeling clown-footed since I like slim pants, lol. Eyeing the Chelsea XI on the 335.
335 far roomier. I can wear thick socks on the chelsea I have no worries.

oldworldelegance

Reaction score
My beloved Coniston boots in tan scotch grain (not very tan but that’s what C&J calls them). Bought them at the Crockett and Jones factory in 2017 (they’re subs but never figured out why) and still growing strong after their fourth autumn / winter. Besides standard shoe care, I’ve changed the heels once.

Attachments

• B939952A-BB34-4F42-B1AC-B20114C99E13.jpeg
    B939952A-BB34-4F42-B1AC-B20114C99E13.jpeg
    270.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
335 far roomier. I can wear thick socks on the chelsea I have no worries.

Well, in honor of the Conistons - black rough out suede today. They do seem to be very slowly loosening up, and luckily are very comfy with thin dress socks. The other odd spot for me is at the top of the boot, I need to literally overlap the faces to tie them down. Must be my svelt runner's ankles!!

IMG_0181.jpeg

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, in honor of the Conistons - black rough out suede today. They do seem to be very slowly loosening up, and luckily are very comfy with thin dress socks. The other odd spot for me is at the top of the boot, I need to literally overlap the faces to tie them down. Must be my svelt runner's ankles!!

View attachment 1560572
Love these! Most likely going to be my next pick up. Would have pulled the trigger but found a pair of C&J Galways in my size. Maybe if I find a nice deal for the roughouts somewhere I might double up.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1560572
I guess marks don't show as easily on these as they might on the brown versions, but how is the leather responding to repeated wear? Smoothening out?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1560572
I’m still kicking myself for not picking up the green roughout Conistans when they were available. :brick:

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
I’m still kicking myself for not picking up the green roughout Conistans when they were available. :brick:

Wow I never saw those!

I guess marks don't show as easily on these as they might on the brown versions, but how is the leather responding to repeated wear? Smoothening out?

This is waxed roughout so it started rather smooth, and begins to show a little more nap with age. I've only got about 15-20 wears on these, but looking forward to them developing a little more texture. I really like the lugged Vibram sole.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow I never saw those!

This is waxed roughout so it started rather smooth, and begins to show a little more nap with age. I've only got about 15-20 wears on these, but looking forward to them developing a little more texture. I really like the lugged Vibram sole.
Good stuff! The reason why it caught my attention was that I like the chunky sole with the sleeker upper. I usually prefer the rounder Tricker's toe shape but this definitely made me sit up and take notice. ;-)

If they put the same sole on the brown roughout I'd be ordering it immediately....

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wow I never saw those!

6xkxrxaarbuapcy7wobffa-jpg.1308824

They were offered by Todd Snyder.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6xkxrxaarbuapcy7wobffa-jpg.1308824

They were offered by Todd Snyder.
Yesss, this. I also saw them from other vendors as well. One in Europe wouldn’t ship to me here in the US...:(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads