• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

this is one of the nicest I have seen. What a perfect shoe.

That exact shoe and the Islay "Skyfall" boot are atop my C&J wishlist. I just want to wait until I can go into a store in NYC or London and get the full fitting and service experience. Wonder if they'll give me a discount if I offer to mule some Horween shells from Chicago to London in my luggage?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That exact shoe and the Islay "Skyfall" boot are atop my C&J wishlist. I just want to wait until I can go into a store in NYC or London and get the full fitting and service experience. Wonder if they'll give me a discount if I offer to mule some Horween shells from Chicago to London in my luggage?
It's quite a peach. I love CJ Pebble Grain, it's so rich. This last is generous.
Crockett & Jones Islay 6.jpg Crockett & Jones Islay 9.jpg

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How was the break-in on it? I've heard that can be a bit rough.
This was not my pair, I merely took photos of it. But the coniston is similar in many ways and that was fine. It might be a little uncomfortable if you are not used to taller boots, this runs higher up your leg.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, what are you going to do about it??? Perhaps an all Cordovan tetbury/highbury gmto???
I don’t get what you mean sorry? You want me to make a GMTO or what? I have way too many shoes right now. And I already have a highbury :)

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A GMTO woud be great. What about a cordovan highbury or tetbury?
I am not an affiliate so all my posts here are as a fellow shoe enthusiast. I don’t think it would be wise to make such a post.

if You want my opinion though, I like the highbury as it is.Tetbury maybe but the one on the IG post is my favorite looking by them right now

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not an affiliate so all my posts here are as a fellow shoe enthusiast. I don’t think it would be wise to make such a post.

if You want my opinion though, I like the highbury as it is.Tetbury maybe but the one on the IG post is my favorite looking by them right now

Yeah, it's a classic for sure.

Mallaig

Reaction score
I thought I would come here to post this as no one else seems to be as excited as I am about my latest acquisition.

I love the Islays but I was set brown pebble grain boots at the moment so I thought I would change the leather up a bit.

View attachment 1547844 View attachment 1547845 View attachment 1547846
Read your other note that these are on the 341 last. Now I'm unreasonably excited, the 341 is by far the best fitting C&J last for me. These are beautiful. Congratulations.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads