• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5D11C4AF-16A3-4EA0-BDB4-2519491A1049.jpeg
8A07795A-762E-4FD4-ACB6-14E2CE2A877E.jpeg

Kivi D

Reaction score
Worth to check if these are seconds, it should be marked under the tongue (if rubber sole) or under the sole.

I'll have to take a look later but from my initial conversation with one of the sales staff, the sale consisted of discontinued models and samples. There was no mention of seconds, so for them to even send me seconds without notifying before hand is just mind boggling.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll have to take a look later but from my initial conversation with one of the sales staff, the sale consisted of discontinued models and samples. There was no mention of seconds, so for them to even send me seconds without notifying before hand is just mind boggling.

Winter sale does include seconds. Excerpt below from Crocket email. However I agree they should've disclosed the pair on hand had "faults". IMO the gouges on the front toe are not acceptable and the sales staff should've been upfront so you could could've passed on this pair. I'd call and ask they give you a full refund. I've only dealt with mail order folks in the UK, and their service has always been excellent.

"Our sale is comprised of a large variety of shoes and boots, which are made up of current styles that we are now discontinuing as well as samples, cancelled orders and Hand Grade seconds. "

NickZar

Reaction score
Hi there, I got myself a nice pair of Lowndes in scotch grain, and I really like them. However, the left shoe was a bit too loose even on the third hole of the strap, so I used a hole puncher to add a fourth whole.

Unfortunately it hasn't come out at the same distance with the other ones. I'm not bothered by the look, as it wouldn't be noticeable anyway, but I was wondering whether the leather strip between the fourth and third hole is too small and may snap in time? I think the difference is roughly 1 mm compared to the distance between the others.

Many thanks :)

Attachments

• tempImageRfNAqH.png
    tempImageRfNAqH.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
  • tempImagexBYElT.png
    tempImagexBYElT.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
  • tempImageBopENu.png
    tempImageBopENu.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 84
  • tempImage3CT09v.png
    tempImage3CT09v.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 88

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess it's hard for us to judge all depends on how much stress you put on it I suppose (not a fan of monk, but I remember if I ever had to put on monk it was always difficult to use the last hole to start with, though I had high instep...)

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya not sure what to advise. I have such a high instep that I've not gone past the first hole on my Lowndes.

I doubt it will tear, unless you feel like it's under a ton of tension?

NickZar

Reaction score
It doesn't look like there's a lot of tension, I can easily fit one finger under the tongue, I guess it mostly just prevents my foot from sliding forwards, which is what happens if I use the 3rd hole.

Attachments

• tempImage42jrNZ.png
    tempImage42jrNZ.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 106
  • tempImagevM9dhX.png
    tempImagevM9dhX.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 124

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great choice, enjoy them!

Thanks. I love the rugged, rustic appeal. It's a lot different than most of my shoes. It makes me feel like I've been invited to skeet shoot out in some country manor.

I usually prefer leather soles but these are on dainite that works well with the idea that these shoes will see grass and gravel. I won't have to worry much about the damp on the soles.

I feel they will become my go-to for outdoor events. Bbqs, trips to the botanic gardens, trips to the country, etc.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking good. Congrats + wear in good health!

My first Crockett and Jones purchase. I got these from the amazing Soho location with Kyle Amy, the best salesmen I've ever encountered.

Pembrooke scotch grain in dark brown:

1545058-06dab214c17ac5370361c16151984184.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads