• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Phoenician

Reaction score
Love my Peal #8 boots, so when the opportunity came to pick up a second new pair in a trade, I couldn’t resist.

As durable as shell cordovan is with proper care, I should have these two to rotate between for the next 25 years.
68928964-7C63-469F-87F8-9008148CE476.jpeg
4DCDA157-3349-4E4A-9BB8-9DEE702A3710.jpeg

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Kingsman could be C&J on 341 last. Below is the Harlech in calf for reference

FWIW, in my opinion Cambridge is a more handsome boot. Coniston on 335 last (in polo suede) fits me the best, and is one of the most of comfortable boots I own. The standard Coniston on 325 is iconic, but in my view ranks 3rd overall among this trio

View attachment 1472392

View attachment 1472375 View attachment 1472376
The dark Coniston boot, that's dark brown, right? I'm currently contemplating on tan or dark brown, but I'm curious to how each shade will age. Judging from Instagram pictures of the Coniston boot in dark brown, it tends to lighten up or shades of tan peek out. I often wonder if it's the angle, photo-editing or shades of tan do peek out as the leather ages?

Anyone that has experience with the aforementioned, feel free to comment :)

Gerry

Reaction score
I do not like buying my shoes online without fitting however I have no choice now and would ask some assistance from fellow members. I wear a pair of C&J Constion boots 7.5UK based on the 325 last. These are a comfortable fit. I want to purchase a pair of C&J Chelsea boots which C&J make based on different styles, on the 238, 335, 341 and 348 lasts. My question is could anyone suggest which of those lasts would be a good choice for feet that are comfortable in a 325 last. In other words can anyone tell me which of the Chelsea boot lasts mentioned are similar to the 325 last. Would appreciate your assistance.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
335 is very similar to 325. It has a bit more toe height than 325.

TommyB

Reaction score
I do not like buying my shoes online without fitting however I have no choice now and would ask some assistance from fellow members. I wear a pair of C&J Constion boots 7.5UK based on the 325 last. These are a comfortable fit. I want to purchase a pair of C&J Chelsea boots which C&J make based on different styles, on the 238, 335, 341 and 348 lasts. My question is could anyone suggest which of those lasts would be a good choice for feet that are comfortable in a 325 last. In other words can anyone tell me which of the Chelsea boot lasts mentioned are similar to the 325 last. Would appreciate your assistance.
As others have said, 335 would probably fit you well, though with a little more room than the 325.

Personally, I would have gone with one on 341, though, as I’d prefer that last for a Chelsea boot - not too round, not square. But that’s just one person’s opinion.

Btw, I wear the same size in 325, 335 and 341.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads