• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Phoenician

Reaction score
Anyone know of a EU or UK retailer that stocks the whiskey shell Harlechs. Thanks!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x-post WAYWRN - Maltons, Paul Stuart socks and suit trews . . .

IMG_4468.JPG

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
interesting. I’ll keep my eyes open.
I’m still waiting for the Rosa Klebb limited edition.

Yes, there was a critic who said that she redefined the term "sensible footwear".

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its 850 pounds and comes with shoe trees etc.Anyone can advise the fit of the 348 last against EG202,888 and John Lobb 8000?

I’d say, based on my experience, that the 348 is more like the EG 82 last. The 202 has a more rounded toe.
I can’t speak to JL.

Phoenician

Reaction score
Considering the Harlech and already own the C&J for BB shell jumper boots on 240 last. Is there much of a difference in fit between the 240 last used in the BB model versus the 341 used in the Harlech?
Thanks for any feedback!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I much prefer 341, sold anything that’s on 240, for whatever reason it’s just not as a good last for me. Also I think 341 is dressy but country casual at the same time while I just don’t find 240 that attractive

oskrusa

Reaction score
Considering the Harlech and already own the C&J for BB shell jumper boots on 240 last. Is there much of a difference in fit between the 240 last used in the BB model versus the 341 used in the Harlech?
Thanks for any feedback!

I own the CJ for BB boots you are referring to, which are on last 240 and also I am in posession of the Harlech on 341.

My CJ for BB are 9D US while the Harlechs are 8UK. The former ones feel slightly roomier on the front than the Harlechs but I wouldn't be able to go a half size down, I can wear boot socks on the 240 on 9D, however I cannot do the same on 341 8UK due to my pinkies getting really cramped with thicker socks on this last.

I like the shape of both lasts, and I personally don't see significant differences on the aesthetics. In fact, my wife has asked me why do I need two pairs of the exact same boot on a dark color. :crazy:

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
In my experience 240 is shorter than other C&J lasts. I own crocketts on 337, 348, 341, 240 lasts plus one handgrade pair For New and Lingwood for which I have no idea about the last used. All but 240 fit quite similarly, true to size. 240 is noticeably shorter. Not like half size but a few milimeters for sure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics