• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Edmund K

Reaction score
It is handgrade.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I guess I stand corrected. I honestly have not bought PS shoes for some time. The last I remember C&J made their regular line English shoes and G&G made their higher end, or what were known as “Stuart’s Choice”, line. I think they even used EG at some point.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well I guess I stand corrected. I honestly have not bought PS shoes for some time. The last I remember C&J made their regular line English shoes and G&G made their higher end, or what were known as “Stuart’s Choice”, line. I think they even used EG at some point.

pretty sure PS carry both line of CJ (mainline and HG). Stopped GG last couple years, EG is waaay back. Now top of the line is Paolo Scafora (though only GYW, given the <$1k pricing)

Berto1

Reaction score
Perfect - thanks Saurabh. That beechnut color on the Walton is exactly what I'm after.

Nice pickup. Is the Loren by Paolo Scafora? The tan is Fairford, I think. I've always admired @Berto1 's pair, and have considered picking up both "Hanson" (Belgrave) and the "Howie" (Fairford).

I've never purchased from PS, and am looking forward to the addl 20% discount for signing up.

one more

301F07EE-E9CC-47D1-8362-A9DE8663F4F5.jpeg

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something seems to be wrong with the SF quoting system lol.
Yeah, all CJs with closed channel soles are handgrade.

Not all the time. They make models for BB and N&L that are closed channel, but bench grade. It's all the parts taken together that make it hand grade (i.e. closed channel, in addition to better leather treatment, slight bevel, etc...).

Peking_Gent

Reaction score
Not all the time. They make models for BB and N&L that are closed channel, but bench grade. It's all the parts taken together that make it hand grade (i.e. closed channel, in addition to better leather treatment, slight bevel, etc...).

Interesting, I have never seen any peal&co shoes with closed channel soles. I thought all the closed channel sole shoes BB used to sell were made by Edward Green.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the EG for BB were directly shown as EG (unless you're talking about EG for BB from like 30 years ago?).

op131

Reaction score
Interesting, I have never seen any peal&co shoes with closed channel soles. I thought all the closed channel sole shoes BB used to sell were made by Edward Green.
I have few such pairs, all on the 240 last; and IIRC they retailed at the same price as the other BB C&J models.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yup, BB had a lot closed channel insole ones, BB was a great source for CJ (px wise), too bad I just think 240 looks "not great"...

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pretty sure PS carry both line of CJ (mainline and HG). Stopped GG last couple years, EG is waaay back. Now top of the line is Paolo Scafora (though only GYW, given the <$1k pricing)

then in that case that’s a fantastic deal on a CJ hand grade shoe!

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the EG for BB were directly shown as EG (unless you're talking about EG for BB from like 30 years ago?).

In the past few years when BB did carry EG, they were labeled only as the latter without any BB markings on them. They may have been made to order for BB but there was no mistaking the sourcing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads