• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone owns Paul Stuart "Hanson", would appreciate if you could share what the beechnut color looks like in real life. This shoe appears to be the Belgrave which comes in chestnut, a reddish brown color versus the beechnut which appears to be the darker side of brown. I don't trust Paul Stuart's photography, so wanted to get feedback from anyone who owns it (or has seen it in person).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quick help please... Are all Paul Stuart/CJ's on their site in UK sizing? Some state this in the description while others don't. I plan to check out tonight. Thanks in advance.

41222055-tan-calf-10.jpg

Email their e commerce on this specific model , they’re pretty good telling you. Think all the newer ones are UK sized but not all

ducatiti

Reaction score
Email their e commerce on this specific model , they’re pretty good telling you. Think all the newer ones are UK sized but not all

Thanks. I've sent the email but may receive a reply when the sale is over :(

Carlo Corbata

Reaction score

The site says "Paul Stuart English Sized Footwear" so it might be UK sizing then ;)

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I called them and it’s the UK size you would need to order. Also, you can sign up for their newsletter 20% off the first order with the code: Welcome20 .

If anyone owns Paul Stuart "Hanson", would appreciate if you could share what the beechnut color looks like in real life. This shoe appears to be the Belgrave which comes in chestnut, a reddish brown color versus the beechnut which appears to be the darker side of brown. I don't trust Paul Stuart's photography, so wanted to get feedback from anyone who owns it (or has seen it in person).

C&J carries Beechnut color and it’s different than antique chestnut which you are referring for the Belgrave. Check this out -

Ended up getting two pairs for a good discount especially for handgrade pairs.
Let’s see how they work out fitwise :)

5E48505A-5203-4759-951F-FB95A9373755.jpeg

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I called them and it’s the UK size you would need to order. Also, you can sign up for their newsletter 20% off the first order with the code: Welcome20 .

C&J carries Beechnut color and it’s different than antique chestnut which you are referring for the Belgrave. Check this out -

View attachment 1423306
Perfect - thanks Saurabh. That beechnut color on the Walton is exactly what I'm after.

Nice pickup. Is the Loren by Paolo Scafora? The tan is Fairford, I think. I've always admired @Berto1 's pair, and have considered picking up both "Hanson" (Belgrave) and the "Howie" (Fairford).

I've never purchased from PS, and am looking forward to the addl 20% discount for signing up.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1423306

Thats a great price but I don’t think they are the hand grade equivalent.

C&J does do private label for Paul Stuart but not from their hand grade line.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PS carries two different tiers (price wise) of UK made shoes, both appear to be C&J. The pair in Saurabh's basket is described as "Prestige grade", and looks uncannily similar to Fairford. So my guess is these are infact from handgrade line.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Please check the listings these are hand grade line of C&J. Antique leather, oak bark soles and full leather lining is Hand grade line. The nail pattern is also of C&J.

0A953A73-6008-448F-BCDF-AAEA84691F11.jpeg

I also own same model of this exact shoe below from New & Lingewood and it’s C&J hand grade line with oak bark sole.

Last edited:

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perfect - thanks Saurabh. That beechnut color on the Walton is exactly what I'm after.

Nice pickup. Is the Loren by Paolo Scafora? The tan is Fairford, I think. I've always admired @Berto1 's pair, and have considered picking up both "Hanson" (Belgrave) and the "Howie" (Fairford).

I've never purchased from PS, and am looking forward to the addl 20% discount for signing up.
Yes I Am hoping it’s Fairford and that will be great. But I can certainly say it’s hand grade line of C&J for sure due to full leather lining, oak bark soles, antique leather, nail pattern etc.

The Loren is also C&J Hand grade I think especially if you read the specs and really like it as well. Let’s see how it looks in person and the fit. Hoping both of them work out.

Last edited:

ducatiti

Reaction score
I bought one during the last father's day sale. Honestly, I don't really know the use of it. I'm using it to buff cream or renovateur, it does create fewer scratch lines than horsehair brushes, and I guess a better shine. I think a goat hair brush is more useful than a yak hair one. I use it daily to brush off dust without scratching up my mirror shine.

So the Howie with the hidden channel stitching is not hand grade?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads