• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha ha ... if you consider chukkas as boots (which I do) your clove suede Shanklin pair makes for perfect summer boots.
Agreed, definitely consider them boots! In normal circumstances they would be worn to work in the summer, but with this whole work from home thing I'm mostly in shorts and refuse to wear boots and shorts

Phoenician

Reaction score
111 degrees here today, but since I never left the house, still perfect weather for the black Lindricks ?

16E6EF41-3FCB-4F70-92B2-094AAB638FD3.jpeg

Carlo Corbata

Reaction score
I was lucky to get my hands on these deadstock Vincent Tassel Loafers from the Handgrade Line. These are straight out of the box and haven't been treated or nourished yet - they definitely need some love and care before we're getting serious :)

IMG_2904.jpeg
IMG_2905.jpeg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was lucky to get my hands on these deadstock Vincent Tassel Loafers from the Handgrade Line. These are straight out of the box and haven't been treated or nourished yet - they definitely need some love and care before we're getting serious :)

View attachment 1422627 View attachment 1422628

which last are these on, and can you make any comparison to 341 / 325 (325 the standard canvadish doesn’t work well for me in toebox, 341 is better)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually Paul Stuart has a CJ tassel on 330, I assume that was a HG last?

Carlo Corbata

Reaction score
which last are these on, and can you make any comparison to 341 / 325 (325 the standard canvadish doesn’t work well for me in toebox, 341 is better)

Same problem here with the toebox on the 325. for me it’s impossible to wear the cavendish :(

C&J Last guide says:
“Fitting advice from retail… Last 363 will fit true to size. The toe shape is aesthetically similar to last 341, 360 and 236. It also has the benefits of our sculpted, closing fitting heel part.”

I normally wear C&J in UK10.5 and own several last sizes:
341: is good, but might be a little short in comparison to other lasts. For the Sydney loafer I had to size up to UK11.
348: very good fitting last because of the elongated toe shape, one of my favorite lasts
337: this handgrade Last is very nice for me, maybe a little extra width wouldn’t be bad, but I like the closer fit.

But now to the 363 on which the Vincent is made. For me it’s something in between 337 and 348. Definately more elongated toebox than the 341, made for a normal to higher instep but a little bit narrow in the middle part. Apart from fit, these are beautifully made for sure and now that they’re polished they look even better :)

Does this help in some way?

ducatiti

Reaction score
Quick help please... Are all Paul Stuart/CJ's on their site in UK sizing? Some state this in the description while others don't. I plan to check out tonight. Thanks in advance.

41222055-tan-calf-10.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics