• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a separate but related note, does anyone who has experience with the summer sale know if they do another reduction at some point or do they just keep pairs until next year?

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a separate but related note, does anyone who has experience with the summer sale know if they do another reduction at some point or do they just keep pairs until next year?
There won't be a price reduction during this sale. Full retail price will probably increase slightly next year, if they have any left in inventory. Skye III retailed at 535 gbp last year versus 550 gbp this year, sale price is the same though.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Chelsea’s today.
D6DA6508-E59F-4BA6-9CE6-29C04092100B.jpeg

Phoenician

Reaction score
There won't be a price reduction during this sale. Full retail price will probably increase slightly next year, if they have any left in inventory. Skye III retailed at 535 gbp last year versus 550 gbp this year, sale price is the same though.

Another tip for anyone considering the Skye III burnished chestnut, is to keep an eye out for Bodiley's sales again as they pop up. I got this model a couple weeks back for 320 GBP after the VAT was removed. It's the Bodiley's Mayfair x CJ Skye III model. Plus, you get a much better box than CJ, nice boot bags and a superb Bodiley's large horsehair brush along with it.

op131

Reaction score
The Radnors landed today. Fantastic pair of boots and such a wonderful smell!

I was not familiar with the 228 last, and after a bit of research (mainly this thread), I decided to size up to accommodate for thicker socks. My main concern was that the toe box shape would have caused my big toes to touch the tip (already borderline with the 325 last). I'm glad I played it safe as the length is perfect for the intended wear.

Peebles are coming next, the very last pair in my size apparently?

op131

Reaction score
Another tip for anyone considering the Skye III burnished chestnut, is to keep an eye out for Bodiley's sales again as they pop up. I got this model a couple weeks back for 320 GBP after the VAT was removed. It's the Bodiley's Mayfair x CJ Skye III model. Plus, you get a much better box than CJ, nice boot bags and a superb Bodiley's large horsehair brush along with it.

Just curious if it's on the original 335 last, or on 341 as most of the Mayfair models are?

Phoenician

Reaction score
FYI, I have the perfect summer boot for sale in the sales forum, the unlined Hayle chukka in Navy suede on 341 last, brand new in box.
You may not live in The Hamptons, but you can look like it this summer! Click here

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Radnors landed today. Fantastic pair of boots and such a wonderful smell!

I was not familiar with the 228 last, and after a bit of research (mainly this thread), I decided to size up to accommodate for thicker socks. My main concern was that the toe box shape would have caused my big toes to touch the tip (already borderline with the 325 last). I'm glad I played it safe as the length is perfect for the intended wear.

Peebles are coming next, the very last pair in my size apparently?

Nice one. Going to need to see pics of the Peebles when they arrive!

op131

Reaction score
Nice one. Going to need to see pics of the Peebles when they arrive!
I'm really bad at it, but I'll try. Getting shipped on Thursday, so should be here either on Saturday or next Monday

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really bad at it, but I'll try. Getting shipped on Thursday, so should be here either on Saturday or next Monday

No worries, my photos are pretty poor too! Just never really see a Peebles on here, I've only really seen website photos which aren't great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads