• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow!

Peal are my favourites there. How long in the sun to achieve that colour?
Thanks, these have gone through a couple of iterations of sun fading. I faded them during peak summer last year (90-100 degrees) for 15-20 days, 4-6 hours each day. They changed from dark brown to more olive brown. I then applied a small amount of Alden brown cordovan cream (which I believe is lighter than saphir dark brown cordovan cream) to even out the color. This spring I applied saphir renovateur to condition and also remove some of the brown cordovan cream, and then left them out in the sun again under much milder conditions (60-80 degrees). It took a couple of weeks, 6-8 hours each day, to achieve current color. Depending on lighting conditions, angle etc, quarter panels can still look dark or olive brown. Most of the red hue is on the toes.

Last edited:

inTROYspection

Reaction score
Interest check:

Selling the Crockett & Jones (Exclusive for The Rake) Richmond II loafers in Size UK 7.5. They have been worn for less than an hour around my house. They are sold out of almost every size one The Rake's website. Comes with original box and C&J shoe bags.

Asking $350 USD shipped (to North America).

C&J 1.jpg
C&J 2.jpg

C&J 3.jpg
C&J 4.jpg

C&J 5.jpg

C&J 6.jpg

C&J 7.jpg

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interest check:

Selling the Crockett & Jones (Exclusive for The Rake) Richmond II loafers in Size UK 7.5. They have been worn for less than an hour around my house. They are sold out of almost every size one The Rake's website. Comes with original box and C&J shoe bags.

View attachment 1399331 View attachment 1399332
View attachment 1399344 View attachment 1399345
View attachment 1399346
View attachment 1399347
View attachment 1399348

Interesting. You didn't like the fit? Honestly, I think C&J loafers are ill-fitting, generally. They need to develop a last more fine-tuned to addressing loafer fit issues.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interest check:

View attachment 1399331 View attachment 1399332
View attachment 1399344 View attachment 1399345
View attachment 1399346
View attachment 1399347
View attachment 1399348

So you’re the one that purchased my size!

inTROYspection

Reaction score
Interesting. You didn't like the fit? Honestly, I think C&J loafers are ill-fitting, generally. They need to develop a last more fine-tuned to addressing loafer fit issues.

They fit okay, but I think I'd prefer a little more length in the toe box. My foot straddles somewhere between a UK 7.5 (US 8.5) and a UK 8 (US 9), so if I go with the smaller size, length is sometimes the issue that I run up against.

inTROYspection

Reaction score
So you’re the one that purchased my size!

Haha! Someone snatching the last of an item on The Rake's website has happened to me too many times to count.

Let me know if you're still interested in them—they're beautiful shoes, but I went a little overboard with the number of loafers I purchased this season.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha! Someone snatching the last of an item on The Rake's website has happened to me too many times to count.

Let me know if you're still interested in them—they're beautiful shoes, but I went a little overboard with the number of loafers I purchased this season.

Sure, will let you know.

Sfroide3

Reaction score
Just to let some other CJ aficionado know that I sell a pair of Harlech boots that are unfortunately to small for me ... Worn 5x. My loss, your gain. Not asking a lot.

81ec2068-0844-4d7c-aed9-22ecf1ffa4a3-jpg.1399564

nikolau

Reaction score
Hi folks- would you mind sharing what online stores stock C&J in Europe and the US? I’m trying to compile a list of stock lists.

ryanluo23

Reaction score
Hi folks- would you mind sharing what online stores stock C&J in Europe and the US? I’m trying to compile a list of stock lists.

i like Fulham.es and Pockets.co.uk

:)

ranchsooner

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads