• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Phoenician

Reaction score
Arrived today, new pair of Peal shell boots. Love the 240 last on these, both in fit and looks. Swapped out the laces with a pair of English made boot laces from Herring, and like that they’re slightly thicker and the braids show up better, a minor thing, but seems to fit the boot’s looks. Look forward to years of wear with these babies!
Hope everyone is having a safe week
Douglas
E43AB0CC-1F9E-4015-9CEC-0286C432A1CC.jpeg
0AF58E64-8649-4179-A076-FCC7B7216B46.jpeg
8438AB1F-FA42-4EC9-BD0A-84753B7B6A2A.jpeg
BA198A09-BF04-49B5-8AC7-FA7EF9452494.jpeg

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you use wax on shell (guess kind a mute point now I sold all my shell) always thought just full cream all the time?
No wax. Only high quality conditioner and water resistant cream. You can use Saphir Mirror gloss on toes/heels areas which don’t flex as that product doesn’t have any solvents to damage shell but I haven’t used any wax at all.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you . Hoping the water resistant cream helps the shell boots in rainy weather.
If you don't mind updating us on the efficacy of those pure polish products that would be great! Seeing a lot of people posting about them recently.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
does that keep out the bloom? That's one thing that always bothered me about shell, you can make it look good after rain and snow, but just a lot work, pretty much my reason of selling them all...

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind updating us on the efficacy of those pure polish products that would be great! Seeing a lot of people posting about them recently.
Yes absolutely, I have some rare shell boots so I do want to protect that investment :) that’s why got the pure polish products. I was intrigued by their water resistant cream to protect shell cordovan.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does that keep out the bloom? That's one thing that always bothered me about shell, you can make it look good after rain and snow, but just a lot work, pretty much my reason of selling them all...
I have used the water resistant cream so technically that should bead off the water just like Saphir invulner works on suede shoes.
just got this product and will need to see what happens in due time about blooming, water resistance efficacy etc.
Btw brushing for 2 mins and damp cloth does take the bloom out.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I probably was too lazy, like I used to shine maybe once every 6 month.., calf dust it looks fine (not trying to do mirror shine ever), shell after a few rain/snow (and I walk everywhere) looks like crap without a lot work has been my experience (all CJ shell, sold my alden due to fit, so can't really tell long term use)

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I probably was too lazy, like I used to shine maybe once every 6 month.., calf dust it looks fine (not trying to do mirror shine ever), shell after a few rain/snow (and I walk everywhere) looks like crap without a lot work has been my experience (all CJ shell, sold my alden due to fit, so can't really tell long term use)
I have used C&J boots in rainy weather, snow etc. As per my experience it is easy to maintain and great in cold weather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads