• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will be loafer weather soon.. love these boots.. they worked in the garden today.
8B6A3152-6F77-4AB6-A0E6-4C992F2F5AF6.jpeg

Tom Kyle

Reaction score
Any suggestions for next acquisition? I am a university professor and musician. Suits and business casual. I tend to wear blue and grey suits with earth tone accents.

Looking for something different for Spring and warmer wear, as my C&J's were mostly for winter wear and formal (not black tie or white tie).
Although not as elongated as 348, Finsbury on last 341 is a great model. The Chestnut colour may work well with light grey suits. Or if you dare venture into Handgrade territory, Lonsdale in Dark Brown Antique could work great with either suit colour. Audley features the same colour, yet is more refined than Lonsdale.

Sfroide3

Reaction score
Hello All,
I'm upgrading my Allen Edmonds shoe collection to Crockett and Jones. So far, I have 2 Northcote (black and brown) 3 Tetbury (black, brown and suede) Hallam, Monkton and Lingfield in black.

Yes I like the 348 last. I like the longer lasts as opposed to AE (still keeping them for casual wear BTW)

Any suggestions for next acquisition? I am a university professor and musician. Suits and business casual. I tend to wear blue and grey suits with earth tone accents.

Looking for something different for Spring and warmer wear, as my C&J's were mostly for winter wear and formal (not black tie or white tie).

Teasing me :
Alex in Black or Brown
Highbury in Black OR brown
Monkton in Walnut
Lowndes in Brown
Edgeware or Westbourne in burnished brown

Thanks for your advice.

Maybe it's time for some loafers. You can go suede if you like something more casual. The 341 Sydneys look very long and slim.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Figured I'd post a couple pairs I have that I'll be selling in here: New in box Brown Shell Cardigan 4 in 10.5 E 335 last and worn-twice Whiskey Shell Harvard 2 in 11 E 376 last. $650 shipped each, PM me if interested I can take more pics of both.

1585189272372.png

1585189151446.png

1585189197265.png

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, out of curiosity do any of you know about these shoes? Are they actually made from shell? When did “polo” white label C&Js?

I always thought of polo as Ralph Lauren’s entry level, but these look quite nice.

Yes, those are shell. And this model runs large, probably a full size. I have a 12 gently used if you are interested.

nikolau

Reaction score
Yes, those are shell. And this model runs large, probably a full size. I have a 12 gently used if you are interested.

I haven’t tried the last before- but if we can have a gentleman’s agreement that I can return them to you if they don’t fit, I am interested. I’m a 46/46.5E (Allen Edmonds widths), often a D in loafers.

nikolau

Reaction score
This spam is beyond unsightly.
I hope moderates remove it and the account is closed post haste.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Shoeshine as Therapy" series while quarantine lasts.

Brand: Peal & Co.
Model: Algonquin Split Toe
Manufacturer: Crocket & Jones
Supplier: A Fine Pair of Shoes
Last: 317
Colour: Brown
Note: One of my first GYW shoes, where bought in sale several years ago. The close channel sole is magnific, but I tend to kick the steps while walking so they have "little chunks of missing leather flaps" as J Fitzparick pointed out in his blog. Very comfortable shoe, a great purchase.

IMG_7720.JPG
IMG_7721.JPG

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven’t tried the last before- but if we can have a gentleman’s agreement that I can return them to you if they don’t fit, I am interested. I’m a 46/46.5E (Allen Edmonds widths), often a D in loafers.

That appears to be equivalent to a US 11.5-12D. That's the same size I am and this tassle loafer in size 12 is too large for me, so I won't waste your time.

nikolau

Reaction score
That appears to be equivalent to a US 11.5-12D. That's the same size I am and this tassle loafer in size 12 is too large for me, so I won't waste your time.

I actually misspoke. According the AE’s website the shoes I own are a size 48 or UK 12.5, though I’ve had success with Trickers’ 12 fit 6. Further, I just returned these to seller for being too small.
065D9D28-B6D5-4871-B300-1A1F8125A8C3.jpeg

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Can you help advise sizing for the 236 last ( a captoe) and also the 72 last (loafers).

I wear a Uk7.5E for Carmina Rain last and Edward Green 202 last and Uk8 for the Carmina Uetam Last

Thanks!

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Shoeshine as Therapy" series while quarantine lasts.

Brand: Peal & Co.
Model: Algonquin Split Toe
Manufacturer: Crocket & Jones
Supplier: A Fine Pair of Shoes
Last: 317
Colour: Brown
Note: One of my first GYW shoes, where bought in sale several years ago. The close channel sole is magnific, but I tend to kick the steps while walking so they have "little chunks of missing leather flaps" as J Fitzparick pointed out in his blog. Very comfortable shoe, a great purchase.

View attachment 1361305 View attachment 1361306

They’ve aged very nicely. Enjoying your posts, you have good taste in shoes!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads