• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

jamesnyc

Reaction score
If anyone owns C&J handgrade and benchgrade shoes, does handgrade shoes worth to purchase with additional price? I just wanted to learn about handgrade shoes more.

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
If anyone owns C&J handgrade and benchgrade shoes, does handgrade shoes worth to purchase with additional price? I just wanted to learn about handgrade shoes more.
The difference in quality is worth the money IMO. The craftsmanship and attention to details are a bit better and the lining is nicer but for me main differences are better uppers leather and MUCH better soles (benchgrade leathers soles quality and durability are rather low).
Benchgrade shoes are still nice, especially on rubber sole. In fact my 5 years old dark brown Tetburys are my favourite pair of shoes.

EUtroll

Reaction score
I can just echo what's said, the leather and the soles are in a different league.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tried on many loafers but the only really nice ones that fit are C&J Harvard. Even the Boston fits a bit too snug for me. Have Harvard in dark brown cordovan and suede. Just picked up a pair in black calf from Ben Silver. C&J doesn't even currently stock these in their own stores. On a side note I find cordovan to be a bit stiff for loafers and greatly prefer calf.

Capture.JPG

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the fit of my suede Harvard's, by far my best fitting loafer.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone on here know how C&J’s dark brown shell ages?

Will it lighten up over time?

The Tall Englishman

Reaction score
Does anyone on here know how C&J’s dark brown shell ages?

Will it lighten up over time?

Some photos that may answer you question

Hope this helps

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some photos that may answer you question

Hope this helps

Perfect, that’s what I was hoping for.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to order a pair of Islay's shipped to the US. Anyone use Pediwear? Is there a better or cheaper option? Thanks.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Looking to order a pair of Islay's shipped to the US. Anyone use Pediwear? Is there a better or cheaper option? Thanks.

Pediwear is fine as long as it’s actually in stock. If they need to order it you may as well go directly to C&J. Mailorder(at)crockettandjones.co.uk
Make sure you contact them in the uk and not the us store.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads