• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Chocolate brown suede Burnham boots.
EQXBbNBMRFi0uIhBzpDLTA.jpg

MrBoombastic

Reaction score
Thanks Braid mate, appreciate it!

Yeah Stroud is decent looking pair no doubt. Haha I’m trying my best, trust me. So bloody hard when you get into these things lol.

I definitely lean more towards formal style shoes as they can go with suits and smart casual really nicely. I don’t think I see myself buying, say for example, a suede Chukka or Chelsea anytime in the near future.

That Hanover is a bloody fine lookin shoe I must admit!! And you’ve pulled it off quite nicely mate? I am definitely checking this one out!

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your collection, all great shoes! I am particularly jealous of the Stroud, as this seems to be a really unique make up.

My first suggestion would be to stop buying shoes for a while, so you can better develop your personal taste and avoid regretting or second guessing your purchase. It would give you time to understand which lasts fit you better (4-5 wear are not enough, give the 341 some more time!), your needs in term of use cases (formal shoes vs casual/boots) and your aesthetic preferences.

Second suggestion: If you are looking for a less pointy version of Edgware I recommend Bodileys Hanover which are mode by Crockett and Jones on the 341 last, with a slightly different (more discrete probably) medallion. It's not burgundy but the color is really great:

Real life picture of mine
View attachment 1336790
View attachment 1336791
View attachment 1336789

Trusar

Reaction score
Hello. I am interested in buying some handgrade after my first pair of C&J. UK9E for Connaught II last 379 fits well on me. Do you think I should mail order the same size for last 337 & 363, or maybe 348 benchgrade? Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

i think the 379 is wider at the front and not so elongated. Be careful as a lot of their lasts are quite elongated. I tried the fairford and the westgate and the fairford made me look like sideshow Bob.
I'm going to the c&j shop in a week I'll confirm if I can

letsgofire

Reaction score
Do you guys find the Islay's to run TTS?

This has been a tricky one for me. If I wear business socks, the Islay fits great and true to size. I wear a 9UK in most brands and purchased the Islay in UK9 also.

It I wear thicker, winter socks, I find the Islay's too snug. They also have been taking a while to break in. If I had to do it all over again, I would have at least tried on a half size larger with winter socks, to see if that was right.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys find the Islay's to run TTS?

What other lasts do you own? Alden? I find the Islay fits a little more generous in the forefoot then same size on the 325. FWIW I'm a UK7E on the 325, 335, 365 (Islay) and 224. I take a UK7.5E on the 341 and a US8D on the Alden Barrie.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What other lasts do you own? Alden? I find the Islay fits a little more generous in the forefoot then same size on the 325. FWIW I'm a UK7E on the 325, 335, 365 (Islay) and 224. I take a UK7.5E on the 341 and a US8D on the Alden Barrie.
8.5D Barrie and Trubalance, 9D Plaza. I have the C&JxRL Marlow shortwings in US9D, and the unlined suede Harvards in UK8E.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads