• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have recs for shoe trees? I have the Cavendish and Chiltern models, and my understanding is that C&Js trees aren't modeled on these lasts anyway, so is there a better option out there? I have some generic ones from Woodlore I could just use

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Brown cordovan from the brooks bros C&J cordovan purge.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have recs for shoe trees? I have the Cavendish and Chiltern models, and my understanding is that C&Js trees aren't modeled on these lasts anyway, so is there a better option out there? I have some generic ones from Woodlore I could just use
I like the Woodlore Epics.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the Woodlore Epics.

Epics aren't bad, but I would recommend the Ultras. The Ultras are slightly longer in the toebox and have a higher vamp, which I think is just generally better.

I use Woodlore Ultras in my shoes and Woodlore Boss shoe trees in my Conistons and other boots. The only downside of the boss is that it supports the boots so well they can't fit in C+J's too-narrow-for-boots-with-trees box.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Epics aren't bad, but I would recommend the Ultras. The Ultras are slightly longer in the toebox and have a higher vamp, which I think is just generally better.

I use Woodlore Ultras in my shoes and Woodlore Boss shoe trees in my Conistons and other boots. The only downside of the boss is that it supports the boots so well they can't fit in C+J's too-narrow-for-boots-with-trees box.
I have the Boss boot trees too and don't really care for them because of that fact. I keep all my shoes in boxes so they don't work for me.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Boss boot trees too and don't really care for them because of that fact. I keep all my shoes in boxes so they don't work for me.
What are you using in your boots? I keep mine in boxes too. If i finagle it just right i can get them in with the box sort of lying on top but it aggravates me greatly.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are you using in your boots? I keep mine in boxes too. If i finagle it just right i can get them in with the box sort of lying on top but it aggravates me greatly.
nothing that helps them as much. Usually just the standard Woodlore made Jos A. Banks shoe trees. I think when I was using the Boss ones with my Brooks Brothers shell captoes the black knob on the trees actually put a dent into one of my captoes.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s a great mystery to me how my UK10 Galway 2’s and my US10.5 Indy’s got into their boxes in the first place. I had difficulty putting them back into their boxes without feeling like I was crushing them even without trees.

The Indy’s are now in an extra AE box they shipped my taller Long Branches in after a recrafting- a true boot sized box. In fact all my AE boot boxes have room to spare. My G2’s and BB x CJ “Coniston-esque” boots - both with Woodlore Boss trees - are simply standing upright in their bags.

First world problems.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I regret selling my GMTO brown Lindricks and my brown shell Skye II, both new in box. Wasn't a fan of C&J brown cordovan. But tastes change (and of course brown cordovan evolves over time). Ended up getting a pair of brown cordovan Harlech during black Friday sale, and I love them. Lesson learned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads