• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

FibroblastsMakeLeather

Reaction score
Some serious snow today requires some serious boots. Islays get the call.
20200114_134900.jpg

AWu

Reaction score
Shameless PSA plug here. Anyone here interested in pair of C&J for BB brown shell wingtips? These are 240 last, flat welt version. Size 9D US (BB marks in US sizes). Got them at the sale via gift card so can't return. Passing the deal at $475 shipped within USA via PP f&f. Took it out the box to inspect, looks perfect to me, nice olive tones.

what is the size in UK that equates?

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These arrived yesterday, just in time for today's rain. I finally found a C&J style and last that works for me. The Lanark 3 feels kind of like the Alden Barrie last, though not exactly. Not only do this fit better, but they are more comfortable than my previous two C&J pairs. I look forward to wearing these a lot in 2020. I did change the laces ot AE laces because the stock laces run short.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These arrived yesterday, just in time for today's rain. I finally found a C&J style and last that works for me. The Lanark 3 feels kind of like the Alden Barrie last, though not exactly. Not only do this fit better, but they are more comfortable than my previous two C&J pairs. I look forward to wearing these a lot in 2020. I did change the laces ot AE laces because the stock laces run short.

View attachment 1318189

I very nearly bought some of those last year.

Still on my wish list and even more so after seeing your photo and positive initial experience.

Do you have anything on 325 last for sizing comparison?

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have anything on 325 last for sizing comparison?

Sadly, I haven't tried the 325 yet. I would describe the Lanark fit as a little more snug in the heel and definitely more snug in the waist than other lasts I've tried like the 236. The ball is quite wide, so it fits me well because I have slightly narrow feet but with a wide ball. The instep area is roomy, but not overly so. I'm usually a 7 E (or F in other brands), and I found these fit true to size.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sadly, I haven't tried the 325 yet. I would describe the Lanark fit as a little more snug in the heel and definitely more snug in the waist than other lasts I've tried like the 236. The ball is quite wide, so it fits me well because I have slightly narrow feet but with a wide ball. The instep area is roomy, but not overly so. I'm usually a 7 E (or F in other brands), and I found these fit true to size.

Thanks for that. I have the Connaught which I think is on 236 so a good comparison for me.

Hope you enjoy them!

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I have the Connaught which I think is on 236 so a good comparison for me.

Hope you enjoy them!

I sadly had to sell my Connaught. 7 E was just way too generous in the waist. Even tongue pads didn't help all that much. I didn't try 6.5 E, as that might have worked. This 378 last is awesome for people like me who have narrow heels, narrow middle and a wide ball. I was worried that the Danite might make the shoes less forgiving, but it's the opposite. I actually feel these are more comfortable than my previous pairs and they have a bit of bounce when walking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics