• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

kalufsen

Reaction score
Not sure, could be, look a bit light though. Cant decide if i should pull the trigger or not, decisions.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

New here, proud user of crockett and jones since a couple of years back. Line up as of now:

* Cavendish DarkBrown Suede
* Pembroke DarkBrown Scotch Grain
* Chiltern Snuff Suede

Would anyone with a Sydney Loafer in Dark Brown Burnished calf care to post a few picture? Im in the market for a pair.

Thanks in advance,

Regards
Linus

Yes that my picture from yesterday. It's the Sydney in dark brown. Here's the shoe on the C&J site

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kalufsen

Reaction score
Outdoor lighting, iPhone camera could affect the photo. Also they could have lightened at the retailer (on display?) as I purchased them on sale via the web. If I recall the shoe at the C&J store in London wasn't much darker.
Yes could absolutely be a reason as to why they differ, thanks!

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure you want to do that? They look wonderful as is! Please post some pics when they return. Good luck!

Hey Repp
First off good to see you are ok my friend. I am absolutely sure I want to do this. Brass eyelets are like Texas Petes to me. I put that **** on everything:) But seriously, I have seen some cigar boots with them and they looked amazing. I will post pics when they come back.

kalufsen

Reaction score
Pembroke in a rainy Stockholm.

IMG_7380.jpg

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Repp
First off good to see you are ok my friend. I am absolutely sure I want to do this. Brass eyelets are like Texas Petes to me. I put that **** on everything:) But seriously, I have seen some cigar boots with them and they looked amazing. I will post pics when they come back.
Thanks very much! That sounds great!

pwc008

Reaction score
I recently acquired and had to return a pair of Selbornes in a UK 9. I have the Portman 3 in a UK 9 and so expected the Selborne in a UK 9 to fit, which it did not. I continue to be perplexed by shoes in the same last (358 in this case) not fitting the same. This happened to me last year as well when I bought the Weybridge (360 last) in a UK 9 and had to return it for a UK 9.5. Then, I bought the Cranford 3 Chelsea Boot in a 9.5 (also 360 last) which runs a bit big. I welcome thoughts.

repete66219

Reaction score
Pembroke in a rainy Stockholm.

View attachment 835907
They look more stout and rounded than I'm used to seeing the 325 last. Are they an E fitting? Or perhaps distortion from the camera? I ask because I'm an E width (US) and my Cardigan IV, which are E width (UK) 335 last, are a bit tight. Those shoes in the picture look like they'd accommodate my wide feet a bit better, but according to what I've read the 325 is even narrower than the 335.

kalufsen

Reaction score
They look more stout and rounded than I'm used to seeing the 325 last. Are they an E fitting? Or perhaps distortion from the camera? I ask because I'm an E width (US) and my Cardigan IV, which are E width (UK) 335 last, are a bit tight. Those shoes in the picture look like they'd accommodate my wide feet a bit better, but according to what I've read the 325 is even narrower than the 335.
Correct, E fitting on the 325 last! Could be the picture or it could be because i have smaller foot and the dimension are different yet the same shoe (5.5UK)

repete66219

Reaction score
Correct, E fitting on the 325 last! Could be the picture or it could be because i have smaller foot and the dimension are different yet the same shoe (5.5UK)
Ah yes, that might be it. They're fine looking shoes. Thanks for the reply.

kalufsen

Reaction score
Cavendish today!

IMG_7389.JPG

I did test Sydney loafer today so probably pulling the trigger on, a fine shoe for sure!

Skelnik

Reaction score
I recently acquired and had to return a pair of Selbornes in a UK 9. I have the Portman 3 in a UK 9 and so expected the Selborne in a UK 9 to fit, which it did not. I continue to be perplexed by shoes in the same last (358 in this case) not fitting the same. This happened to me last year as well when I bought the Weybridge (360 last) in a UK 9 and had to return it for a UK 9.5. Then, I bought the Cranford 3 Chelsea Boot in a 9.5 (also 360 last) which runs a bit big. I welcome thoughts.

I have had a similar experience with the same model shoe even. Sometimes the differences can be ever so slight, but depending on the shape of the foot it makes a big difference I guess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads