• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would anyone be aware of a retailer doing the Coniston in Brown Country Grain? Looking to replace a previously mis-sized pair for Fall/Winter.

Surprised that this isn't a stock model as it was a very versatile color. May have to "settle" for the Islay or Galway 2, or bite the bullet and go MTO.

FYI, in case you are still looking, the Coniston in dark brown scotch grain is in the fall catalog:

https://www.crockettandjones.com/coniston-darkbrown-scotch-grain/

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
@the Coniston; is the leather the same on the entire boot? quite difficult to see from the first picture of C&J website - it appears slighty contrasting colors, but maybe it is just the lighting. I would definitely go for the dark brown country grain myself out of the options, it looks very good.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@the Coniston; is the leather the same on the entire boot? quite difficult to see from the first picture of C&J website - it appears slighty contrasting colors, but maybe it is just the lighting. I would definitely go for the dark brown country grain myself out of the options, it looks very good.

The new Coniston is indeed all the same color/texture brown grain leather. I can see why there would be confusion looking at the lighting on the pictures on the website. What you may also notice in real life is that on grain leather shoes (C&J, at least), the grain pattern tends to "smooth out" near the toe as the leather is pulled more tightly during lasting.

I agree though, beautiful boot. Despite my love of my tan scotch grain Pembrokes and my wishes for a tan scotch grain wingtip boot from C&J, I had never considered the tan Coniston for whatever reason . . . but now find myself coveting the brown grain Coniston boots.

Bleedblue

Reaction score
This is one of those times I'm glad I already have a boot (Chepstow) in 325 and know for a fact the last and my foot are not a match. Brown Coniston looks awesome!

Slight tangent - I've gone through the thread and can't find many existing pics of the cigar shell Harvard loafers. Anyone have any they can share? Tried on a pair that fit like they were made for me and need to work up the desire to drop several hundred on them. Thanks!

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone speak to the fitting of the 228 vs the 325 last? 325 is the only CJ last I've worn. My main issue with 325 is that it's just a bit snug in the midfoot, width wise (I have a borderline D/E foot in US sizing). I'm thinking about a Snowdon or Radnor boot but would probably pass unless it's a tad fuller through the middle of the shoe.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gianni today. Love the color of this boot.
IMG_2832.JPG

kalufsen

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

New here, proud user of crockett and jones since a couple of years back. Line up as of now:

* Cavendish DarkBrown Suede
* Pembroke DarkBrown Scotch Grain
* Chiltern Snuff Suede

Would anyone with a Sydney Loafer in Dark Brown Burnished calf care to post a few picture? Im in the market for a pair.

Thanks in advance,

Regards
Linus

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

New here, proud user of crockett and jones since a couple of years back. Line up as of now:

* Cavendish DarkBrown Suede
* Pembroke DarkBrown Scotch Grain
* Chiltern Snuff Suede

Would anyone with a Sydney Loafer in Dark Brown Burnished calf care to post a few picture? Im in the market for a pair.

Thanks in advance,

Regards
Linus
Is this dark brown burnished calf?

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...iews-quality-etc.227575/page-964#post-8987583

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads